StevePa

Sep 6, 2012
Lancaster, PA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,

I have been working an amazing site for the last few months. It is an old community pool that shut down last year after operating from 1950s. Lots of clad, jewelry and Silver coins.

Yesterday I got a booming solid mid range tone on the White's 6000. Usually there is no way to know what this signal is but it sounded sweet. I cut a plug and almost fell over when I saw a giant gold class ring looking back at me. I almost let out a yell and immediately thought of those "Diggers" guys on TV when they dove into the pond. Although this seemed rediculous, I did think about diving into the kiddie pool which was full of rain water, lol.

So here it is, 1979 Cedar Crest High School class ring. 14.8g of 10K and owners full name etched inside. I looked him up and there is someone by that name that lives about 300 yards from the pool. I will attempt to return and update if successful.

IMG_0086.JPGIMG_0084.JPGIMG_0082.JPGIMG_0076.JPGIMG_0074.JPGIMG_0073.JPG

Ring #44 for my first year of metal detecting. It is amazing what is out there.

Keep on lookin.

Steven

Upvote 7
Always puts a smile on my face when I hear of someone returning something. What a great thing to do and it makes us all look good. You should feel good about that. Keep up the good honest work

Beautiful ring !

Nice class ring! I have yet to find one. Good luck on your search for the owner!

Keep us posted on that ring return story. If you can get a photo of the owner, all the better. I see an "Honorable Mention" in your future!

It's a blast getting a class ring save. Returned one two weeks ago and the smiles are priceless!

Congrats on finding the high school ring, let's hope the guy's home when you knock on his door! :laughing7:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back