Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
white's dfx 300
tesoro eldorado
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 950645

i was digging in an old dirt pile for something metal and came across 2 bottles nestled in the packed dirt....i called my husband and 2 boys over to watch....one of my sons helped me....one bottle was a glass vegetable oil bottle.....and the other was this beauty....i was so excited when it came out whole....and imagine my surprise when this maine girl, living in virginia, found a bottle, IN virginia, with Presque Isle, Maine, stamped on the bottom!!...what are the chances??..........from what i can find out this 6 1/2 oz bottle was made before 1955, as that was the last year they made this size..? ......i would welcome any more info....thanks!

Attachments

• feb.2014 122.jpg
    feb.2014 122.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 126
Hello Mom,

Welcome to the bottle department. Your bottle is an ACL (applied color label) and Coca-Cola first used the ACL on the 1957-1959 edition of the Contour bottle. The 6-1/2 ounce size began in the middle fifties and continued for many years afterwards.

There may be maker and date codes embossed on the bottle that will tell us more. What is on the base? Are there any numbers embossed on the narrow part of the hobbleskirt?

1900,fashion,funny,hobbleskirt,men,postcard-4e9dcdd3eb083331cd0b13fe507c3055_h.jpg

How about that Presque Isle coke! Presque Isle is a small, rural town of ~10,000 people near the Canadian border. I have a bottle from Presque Isle, but I could never find out anything about the bottler. I wonder if Clovis Morneault expanded his business with a Coca Cola franchise.
sodasdecogreenpair.jpg

presque isle is about 2-3 hours away from where i lived up until 2 1/2 years ago....

Nice first bottle find! Congrats, I don't collect coke bottles per se, however, I keep everyone I save because coke collectors go batsh_t crazy for them, maybe I will hit pay dirt someday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back