Finds From Four Days Of Detecting....

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
and I'm content to have upped my silver count by three more coins. Two Roosevelts and a merc.

Day 1:The hunt started this Friday with the highlight being a fake as hell heart attack ring and a game token. The weather got choppy with alot of rain, so I headed home after a few hours.

Day 2:LI Tom and I attacked the same little park we've been working for a few weeks now and out came the merc. We could not believe we had walked over that one. No more than 1 1/2 from the surface if that. After we both got our silver dose there, we headed to another spot that has produced and I managed one more dime, a Rosie.

Day 3: Going back to my metal detecting roots, I headed back to the park where I first started hunting, this time with the Explorer of course. The amount of junk threw me off a little, but out came a rosie and the pendant.

Day 4: Hoping for a huge clad day, I pulled out the Ace 250 and walked straight into bottle cap hell at Flushing Meadows park. Holy sh&t, I had never seen anything like it. 6 hours and only 61 coins to show for it. Did manage to find my first and only Sac dollar. If every other coin were a sac :)

The pictures are posted in order.

Day 1
Day1.JPG

Day 2
Day2rev.JPG

Day 3
Day3.JPG

Day 4
Day4.JPG

Upvote 0
Cool finds! The ring is still nice and congrats on the silver and the cool religious medal. Keep em coming Mr. R

:)

Boobydoo said:
Cool finds! The ring is still nice and congrats on the silver and the cool religious medal. Keep em coming Mr. R

:)

Thanks Bdoo.

Those dimes are so easy to miss.

Looks like some decent hunting finds.

Bottle caps - they mask stuff well! :P In my opinion - worse than pull tabs.

Bob

Nice digs Ric !
It's amazing how those dimes can hide from us one time
and show up the next.
keep swingin and keep us posted :)

Doozis

Man you are doing way better with your Explorer than I have been lately. I put away my Deleon and I am only using the Beast and the Sunray. I am digging EVERY target too. I WILL learn this machine yet.

Nice finds.

mastereagle22 said:
Man you are doing way better with your Explorer than I have been lately. I put away my Deleon and I am only using the Beast and the Sunray. I am digging EVERY target too. I WILL learn this machine yet.

Nice finds.
Larry, I think you would do just as well here, I am fortunate and thankful that there is still some diggable silver left in these parks. I know you would find them buddy. The one thing that holds me back with this Explorer is the PP'ing. It takes alot longer than it should without a good probe. I find myself digging a plug for 10 minutes sometimes. I will eventually have to invest in the sunray to make life easier and detecting more productive.

Great stuff Ricardo!!! Is that park the same place that the worlds fair was held? If so, there has to be more great stuff there.

halfdime said:
Maybe in your searches you can find a new manager for the Yankees! Good finds!

:) :)

eathabs said:
Great stuff Ricardo!!! Is that park the same place that the worlds fair was held? If so, there has to be more great stuff there.
It is, I'm pretty sure the place saw alot of people back then, however, it is bottle cap hell in there.........you'd have to see it to believe it. 6 caps per square foot type of thing. I did manage one wheatie, but that was it.

Nice digs Ricardo! Just waitin' for my permit to come in :) Lookin' forward to huntin' with you guys... I LOVE "hunted out" parks ;D

Really like that pendant, Ricardo! 8) Congrats on ALL those finds!

Nana :)

Nice take Ricardo!!!

Hey, what year is the dog license?

WTG

HH,
SgtSki

Nice digs there! I know what you mean about the park with tons of bottle caps. Found a soccer field to hunt a while back, but the amount of beer caps there just kills you. If I could get a dollar for every corrona cap I dig there I could quit my job! LOL
Congrats!
Steve///

Still some nice finds...I went through a few bad weeks till I finally found another nice area. Looks like you still found some keepers even in tough ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back