Findings in an old ghost town in the mountains

Conito@55

Jun 1, 2024
Carson City Nv
Detector(s) used
The Legend
Yesterday my friend Kevin invited me to visit one of his hunting spots. There was tons of trash there, but we managed to find some pieces.
20240902_130301.jpg
20240902_130312.jpg

1946s wheat penny
20240902_130328.jpg

This strange piece, who knows what it was used for?
20240901_161931.jpg

Upvote 15
If these pieces could only speak. I like the anchor button, very interesting. Cool old 16-s Lincoln. Any thoughts on the round piece with the letters on it? I'd trade ghost town hunting for my beaches any day! I know you probably can't share but a discrete pic or two of the area would be great.

If these pieces could only speak. I like the anchor button, very interesting. Cool old 16-s Lincoln. Any thoughts on the round piece with the letters on it? I'd trade ghost town hunting for my beaches any day! I know you probably can't share but a discrete pic or two of the area would be great.
I can't say the location,

Interesting assortment.

Someone on Reddit found three of those discs, all marked ‘8545’ but individually numbered 2, 5 and 8. Made from brass and 2.5 inches in diameter. Note that there are variances in the start-place for the alphabet relative to the notch.

Plates.jpeg

It was suggested that they might be the ‘wheels’ from an old alphabet combination lock, with the holes for the catch pins holding them together and the edge slot for a release bar. They may well be parts from a safe as @The Rebel suggests.

you did GOOD :) Thanks for sharing :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back