FINALLY... The weather turns!

I just need to get rid of this nasty head cold and I'll be right behind ya!

Yeah, you Utah folks should be enjoying a bit of weather shift, like us up here in Idaho.

Sometimes, the best medicine for a head cold is FRESH AIR. At least... that's what I tell myself when I'm metal detecting with a cold. :)

Happy Hunting, Fish1on!

Fresh air would do me some good if we had any! Inversions have been bad this winter.

Find a lot and have fun! Starting to get nicer here in Virginia Beach as well. Might hit 70 today, but more cold to come. I need to find some 'tectin time! Just got an AT Pro and need to learn it!!!

Good Luck Skippy, this weekend looks very promising, snowing now, but is supposed to get into the 50's both Sat & Sun.

Oooh. When I was in the SLC valley, I went through a few of those. The Kennecott Plant never seemed to help that...

That and all the traffic. I am not native to Utah but boy has it grown. I am soo ready to retire to my cabin at bear lake.

We're still a LONG ways off from snow being gone! Last I knew, it was -18.4° when I went to bed. Wife said she saw it closer towards daybreak below -20°. Tonight is supposed to be a repeat and is already down to -12.3° again. Heck, I don't expect 50's until May!!

It's amazing how icy wood chips can get in the tot lots, last sundy I found thawed soil, but on the way home I hit a tot-lot and could only pick up the surface finds since I am a digger, not an ice pick axer.

Worst part was digging/chipping through those wood pieces, only to find a button or rivet. Drove me nuts. I think the wood chips hold the cold better simply because the wood is a decent insulator. As a result, frozen chips stay frozen longer than dirt. That's my thought, anyway.

My hand definitely got a bit of a bruising. The meaty part of my palm is still a little tender. Wished I'd brought a shovel. LOl

Skippy
Absolutely correct Skippy. Check out this link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pykrete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back