Finally on the Board for 2016

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted twice so far in 2016. On Jan 2nd I went out and tried to start the year off right with a new permission. Four "NOs" :BangHead: later I ended up going to an out of the way church in a small town about 11 miles away. Only dug 4 coins. Both wheats were 8". I did get a great signal about 5" deep, it turned out to be a copper toilet bowl float.

All Jan 2nd Finds

20160102_151137.jpg

On Saturday the 9th, knowing that we were going to freeze the following day I went out and hit 5 sites. I started at the Catholic church property in town using the F75 with the 12" x 15" butterfly coil. After about 2 hrs and only 86 cents later I decided to head up to Lorain Ohio.

I hit 5 sites, The first one I only pulled a clad dime and a copper penny in about 30 minutes so I left. When I got to a newer school I hunted in the standing trees using my BH LRP. I dug $3.87 in clad. Still not finding any silver or even a wheat I went hit the road and stopped at a nearby park to see what I could dig there. I saw many fresh plugs and only found a dime, so I did not waste any more time there and left looking for another site. I ended up at Central Park. I set my F75 up with the 11" DD coil. I roamed around for about 30 mintes and only dug 2 copper pennies. On the way back to the van I got a copper signal at 5" by the swings. I dug the plug and was amazed that there was a 1907 IHP in the hole. :thumbsup: It's the 1st coin that is over 100 years old that I pulled from a public property. :hello2: So I am on the board with my 1st keeper. I ended up leaving the park and found the oldest school standing in town. It was built in 1901. Not much luck there though. Only dug a clad dime and a penny. My trash to treasure ratio stunk. I must have pulled a 2 liter bottle full of trash.

1907 IHP

20160110_100951.jpg

All Jan 9th Finds

20160110_100838.jpg

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 24
Congrats on putting of some finds in 2016.
I'd say you're off to a great start....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back