Finally on the Board for 2016

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted twice so far in 2016. On Jan 2nd I went out and tried to start the year off right with a new permission. Four "NOs" :BangHead: later I ended up going to an out of the way church in a small town about 11 miles away. Only dug 4 coins. Both wheats were 8". I did get a great signal about 5" deep, it turned out to be a copper toilet bowl float.

All Jan 2nd Finds

20160102_151137.jpg

On Saturday the 9th, knowing that we were going to freeze the following day I went out and hit 5 sites. I started at the Catholic church property in town using the F75 with the 12" x 15" butterfly coil. After about 2 hrs and only 86 cents later I decided to head up to Lorain Ohio.

I hit 5 sites, The first one I only pulled a clad dime and a copper penny in about 30 minutes so I left. When I got to a newer school I hunted in the standing trees using my BH LRP. I dug $3.87 in clad. Still not finding any silver or even a wheat I went hit the road and stopped at a nearby park to see what I could dig there. I saw many fresh plugs and only found a dime, so I did not waste any more time there and left looking for another site. I ended up at Central Park. I set my F75 up with the 11" DD coil. I roamed around for about 30 mintes and only dug 2 copper pennies. On the way back to the van I got a copper signal at 5" by the swings. I dug the plug and was amazed that there was a 1907 IHP in the hole. :thumbsup: It's the 1st coin that is over 100 years old that I pulled from a public property. :hello2: So I am on the board with my 1st keeper. I ended up leaving the park and found the oldest school standing in town. It was built in 1901. Not much luck there though. Only dug a clad dime and a penny. My trash to treasure ratio stunk. I must have pulled a 2 liter bottle full of trash.

1907 IHP

20160110_100951.jpg

All Jan 9th Finds

20160110_100838.jpg

As always, hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 24
I'm still looming for an Indian head... Have yet to find one... Nice job...

They normally ring-in as zincs. I hope your not discrimination out zincs on your F2. When I started in 2014, I did not want to waste my time digging zinc pennies so I discriminated everything and notched nickels back in when I was using the F4. I did pull 2 IHPs that 1st year, and that is only because I will not leave a site without digging a coin. the sites I hunted were full of trash and I notched zincs back in so I could at least dig a stinking zinc penny before moving on. I normally only disc out iron and foil for most hunts now.

Your killing it with that F2 PGHDigger. :headbang:

Hello Loco-Digger,

Wow, that is a "ton" of driving and hunts. Glad you saved the day with an IH. :occasion14:

Regards,

Doc

I'll take trash over staying at home any day. (Or working)[emoji106] Glad you got on board. Just tell your self what a good coach once said. You'll miss every shot you don't take. Nice finds, thanks for posting.

HH, Relic Nut

I have two 1907 Indian heads, still looking to find one from the 1800's.

It will only get better. I have only managed a pocket full of clad and no good jewelry items, since Jan 1, in the river I have been hunting since getting to Az this fall.

Nice job on the IHP. Sounds like you really had to work for it. I may be on an hot streak now with a killer permission but i know the finds or the permission could dissappear at any time. Im always on the hunt for the next killer spot. You'll find one soon

Consider yourself lucky Loco - My first find for 2016 wont be until first thaw - :BangHead:

Nice going on the IH, at least you're digging dirt all I'm doing tomorrow is digging snow.

Congrats on the Indianhead off public ground!
Reads like a determined effort.

Is always fun just the anticipation of the hunt. I have been going out when the temp is above freezing and the ground is diggable. I have the at pro with the Nel attack and also the stock coil. The good news is we have gotten through two months of winter with pretty decent weather. new winter would come. Good luck on your next hunt ad not a bad find.

1st Indian of the year is always a nice pull. My '84 and '63 fatty were pulled from a school last year, my only two pre 1800's so far. I really need to work on permissions this year.

Hey you were working hard , nice IH here in the southwest it's hard to find a IH so I'm still looking . We are having wet winter so I'm going out as much as possible

Way to get on board before the freeze up. Sounds like it's time for some serious research!

I believe 2016 is going to be a VERY interesting year!

Good job loco, great start

Glad to see your able to get some swing time in and find a nice green IHP!!!! We got spoiled the last few years with little or no snow. Its making up for it this year. Ground is frozen and with more snow on the way.......its not looking good!!!:BangHead: Looks like a road trip to the valley floor!!!:laughing7: Keep your post coming!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back