Finally got XP Deus II, and it's defective!!

fonfixer

Feb 18, 2008
blanchard, la
Detector(s) used
dfx
I finally got a Deus II, but the headphone puck (WS6) is stuck showing the moon and stars. From what I've read online, it's just a waiting game for the battery to die. How long does it take for the battery to die in standby mode? Is this one a lemon? Should I ask for a replacement? Has anyone else have experience with the WS6 and this issue with the moon and stars?

I can still use it without WS6 for now. I'm going to a local farmers market area this morning, with the volume from the loudspeaker down low, of course. Next places are several swimming holes along the Eel River. If I'm the only one there then I can have it blasting from the loudspeaker.

Hopefully one or more of the sponsoring vendors will reach out to you with a fix.

I know it's a PITA, but I'm sure it'll be made right.

Maybe connect it to the computer and make sure it has the most recent update? If you are wanting it that is.

If you are still having issues with it, definitely reach out to the vendor who sold it to you. Chances are pretty good they have a return policy if you recently bought it.

Update on XP issues. I had made a warranty claim, and got as far as getting a return authorization number. This morning before work, I was going to check it one last time before putting it in the mail. The battery had finally died in standby mode. But I would also think the battery would last longer than a week in standby. I plugged it in to charge and it finally worked. It turns on with the detector and turns off with the detector. You'd think for what this cost they'd have this bug worked out.

I took some sample coins for practice: gold 5 pesos, American silver, and some Eurotrash. First, the euro responded well, like garbage. Nickels and pull tabs seem to be fairly close on the scale. Nonferrus 80 and up seems to be what to dig. I started getting the hang of the machine fairly quick. I'm in a campground in north California (for now), so there was tons of trash. I wasn't expecting to find anything other than clad and pull tabs and bottle caps but I did come up a Columbian .50 peso. There are tons of swimming holes along the rivers and creeks here, I'm going to start poking around those to see what I can come up with. At least here I don't have to be worried about coming across water moccasins or gaters,.

So... problem(s) resolved?
I'm not sure it was a bug--maybe more of a glitch?
🤞🏼

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back