Finally got my new detector

Blue_Dude

May 15, 2005
Wisconsin
The UPS guy I waited all day for got here at 7:30 tonight. I put it together and headed to my parents old farm house to try it out. When I arrived it was already starting to get dark so I fight the mosquitos in the yard. The first hit I dug it and found this 1923 merc. It was around 5 inches down and I couldn't believe how clean it came out of the ground(it is pretty dry here right now). I dug a couple more Mem. pennies and some foil and headed out. The garrett 1350 looks to be a pretty nice machine for me. I had it set in coin mode and still have to figure out how to use all the controls. Thanks to Kellyco for the great customer service. Now I have to go find some rings I hope. This forum has been great getting me started in the right direction. One problem I have on the parents farm is all the junk that is buried there. I can't go a foot without hitting garbage I would be digging all day to hit everything in no discrimination in a 20 foot area. I thought of eventually getting a smaller coil for this. Would this help much? Thanks all for your input ahead of time. Sorry the pic is blurry, Have to recharge my camera batteries.

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back