finally found gold!!

Way to go, Dennis! Feels good doesn't it? Congrats!

Congrats!

I thought I had found a gold ring today.....gave a gold/pull tab/nickel signal...but got it cleaned off and it looks bronze or something ???

Must've been a ring day; found one myself, at the city soccer field. It wasn't gold however, but fun anyhow, considering it's the first this year. Came in at gold /tab.

CONGRATS! It's fun isn't it. Let us know if you find the owner and his response. HH BRINK

Dennis,
Way to go, Seeing you get more time off than I do hows about going down to Huntington beach and find my class ring. I lost it about 1965. I haven't had a chance to use that digger you made for me but I did remember to take it out of my car. If I got pulled over with that laying on the front seat I'm sure the cop would of taken it away, Maybe me too. Again cool find.
HH
Kenny

OK! The ring is back with it's owner! ;D I googled the last name engraved on the ring, and the one and only hit I got on it happened to be the father of the girl who lost it. When I called he was of course very happy and surprised. What makes this reunion so special is that the mans daughter is mentaly disabled. She lost the ring playing softball eight years ago, right after she got it. The ring ment so much to her because she worked so hard to graduate from high school. Her dad said that she often wondered what happened to the ring over the years. She never knew where she lost it. Anyway you can imagine how thrilled she was to have it back!
When my wife showed it to her and said, Is this yours? She got all excited and loudly said, Yes thats my birthstone!! Anyway it was quite emotional for her and her dad and us. She proudly presented us with a fifty dollar gift certificate for the Honey Baked Ham store which we greatfully accepted.. :)

WTG! dennis p,,, that is a great ending to a great story...

Nice work, Dennis. You should send that one to the newspapers, especially considering the time of year. Gives good vibes al around.

BZ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back