Finally, an old button, well, for around here..

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
went back to an old house in town that I had detected previously somewhat with the ace 250, it is extremely trashy but I was determined to find something. the 4 inch pliers are not steel, maybe pot metal with copper plating. 1/2 of a harmonica reed. a car wash token, old gas valve, hydraulic connector, electrical connector and a couple of tubes (tooth paste etc). the dog vaccine tag is 1934, I didn't even know they had them back then, using the Mulford vaccine. the button was a green encrusted thing that was obviously a button and had something written on it but was unreadable. After using electrolysis on both the tag and the button, I could read the toasted button, it says SOUTHSIDE RAPID TRANSIT and has several S's, T's and R's intertwined on the center of the button. A quick check online says that this was a Chicago company from the late 1880's to around 1900. This house is about 1/2 mile from the old depot. The only clad I found was mainly in one coin spill next to the main road. I know that this isn't the super cool colonial buttons that the guys back east find but for my neck of the woods, its pretty darn cool! thanks for reading. Jerry View attachment 1047713
View attachment 1047715
View attachment 1047716
View attachment 1047717
View attachment 1047718
View attachment 1047719
View attachment 1047721
View attachment 1047714

Upvote 13
actually that was about it for the spot, hit it hard today, was soaking wet from the humidity, found about six pounds of you name it trash, a small bucket full. only found a 1980 dog tag, 1 quarter, 1 dime and 1 penny. was kind of bummed out but the dirt was really dry so I will hit it again after a good rain.... should be some what lighter on the trash LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back