Final day finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Ahh the dreaded last detecting day of our holiday 😭. Oh how I will miss my bubble of bliss ☹️ xx

But we had a good last day… back to the Castle field as we just love it here.

Musket balls… (total for the week to 40) pot leg and bit of plate, 2 loops, half a crotal bell and a tiny lid, watch winder and bit of a buckle, half a chunk of lead and lead label (?) buckle and doggy tag, bashed cap badge… buttons (total for the week 85 ) 3 pre dec ( total for the week to 33) and last but not least… my James 6th (1602) hammered! 😍

We have walked approx 24 miles this week and had just the very best time 😍 xx

IMG_4318.jpeg
IMG_4319.jpeg
IMG_4320.jpeg
IMG_4321.jpeg
IMG_4322.jpeg
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_4324.jpeg
IMG_4325.jpeg
IMG_4330.jpeg
IMG_4326.jpeg
IMG_4327.jpeg
IMG_4329.jpeg
IMG_4314.jpeg
IMG_4315.jpeg
IMG_4311.jpeg

Upvote 27
What a week! Those weekly totals are just mind blowing. Going back to your normal schedule will be hard, especially when you know there are more goodies out there just waiting for you!

What a week! Those weekly totals are just mind blowing. Going back to your normal schedule will be hard, especially when you know there are more goodies out there just waiting for you!
It’s a tough one for sure, especially knowing they will be starting to harvest our other favourite fields. 😭… still we may get into a few over the next few weekends…. But mustn’t complain.. as I think we did pretty good… ! xx

Bronze age ax.. 1
Roman coin .. 1
Snake Buckle ..1
Vessica Seal.. 1
Capstan shot .. 1
Clack Valve Weight… 1
Crotal Bell (complete).. 1
Pot leg… 2
Pre dec silver.. 5
Hammered.. 4
Pre dec … 33
Musket balls 40
Buttons…. 85

Ahh the dreaded last detecting day of our holiday 😭. Oh how I will miss my bubble of bliss ☹️ xx

Musket balls… (total for the week to 40) pot leg and bit of plate, 2 loops, half a crotal bell and a tiny lid, watch winder and bit of a buckle, half a chunk of lead and lead label (?) buckle and doggy tag, bashed cap badge… buttons (total for the week 85 ) 3 pre dec ( total for the week to 33) and last but not least… my James 6th (1602) hammered! 😍

View attachment 2164436View attachment 2164437View attachment 2164438View attachment 2164439View attachment 2164440View attachment 2164441View attachment 2164442View attachment 2164443View attachment 2164444View attachment 2164445View attachment 2164446View attachment 2164447View attachment 2164451View attachment 2164452View attachment 2164453
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

A full week with 24 miles o coverage wow. Legs like tree trunks, and at least one arm to match. Tons of fresh air and a Hammy to boot.
out of interest was your holiday up in Scotland?
Scotland would be a Wonderful vacation, but I’m in Oklahoma, USA. Happy Hunting!!

Scotland would be a Wonderful vacation, but I’m in Oklahoma, USA. Happy Hunting!!
Which makes that hammered coin even more special. Really well found that one.
Now im really impressed by a Scottish hammy.
I've only ever found one and a half Scottish hammered's and I'm only a hundred miles away rather than thousands.

A full week with 24 miles o coverage wow. Legs like tree trunks, and at least one arm to match. Tons of fresh air and a Hammy to boot.
out of interest was your holiday up in Scotland?
No our holiday was at home on our permission…? Lincs/leics border! 😊..

No our holiday was at home on our permission…? Lincs/leics border! 😊..
Sorry my confusion with requoting.
So you're well into "Coritani" land's. Wow that tribe takes some heat in the Welsh triads for being unpatriotic first aiding the Romans during their invasion and then aiding the Germanic tribes during the Anglo Saxon conquest. Though the triads do claim theu where themselves Germanic in origin.
Great area to detect though. I bet you have finds spanning all ages.

Sorry my confusion with requoting.
So you're well into "Coritani" land's. Wow that tribe takes some heat in the Welsh triads for being unpatriotic first aiding the Romans during their invasion and then aiding the Germanic tribes during the Anglo Saxon conquest. Though the triads do claim theu where themselves Germanic in origin.
Great area to detect though. I bet you have finds spanning all ages.
We sure do 😍… plus we have a castle, 2 abbeys and a roman road across our permission… !!

Saxon stuff is the rarest stuff we find.. but am determined to find ‘the right field.’ . one day 😎 xx

We sure do 😍… plus we have a castle, 2 abbeys and a roman road across our permission… !!

Saxon stuff is the rarest stuff we find.. but am determined to find ‘the right field.’ . one day 😎 xx
You won't find any Saxon stuff around those parts. Youd need to travel further south for Saxons. They where Anglians that settled that region. They're - i mean the Anglo Saxons - actual impact onnthe Genetics in England arent as profound as people assume. There has never been any archaeological evidence for the Anglo Saxons exterminating the Britons and DNA studies show that the average Englishman has 68% of his DNA directly from the first post glacial Atlantic settlers who came up from Iberia along Europe's west coast as the ice melted. Which shows a continuation of.population that is actually unmatched anywhere else on earth. When people call Apaches and Comanches "Natives" and then call us Britons "a nation of immigrants" those people are an actual joke.

View attachment 2164436View attachment 2164437View attachment 2164438View attachment 2164439View attachment 2164440View attachment 2164441View attachment 2164442View attachment 2164443View attachment 2164444View attachment 2164445View attachment 2164446View attachment 2164447View attachment 2164451View attachment 2164452View attachment 2164453
Stunning finds as always!👍 really puts my wheat Pennie’s and iron railroad ties into perspective🤣. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back