Field Hunt, 1843-O Sitting Liberty Dime.

Jbrockey

Greenie
Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a fantastic day out in the fields! IMG_6569.jpgIMG_6566.jpg

Upvote 4
Very Nice Find!!!!

Joe

That's a clean looking seated , Congrats and Good Hunting...

Congrats! That's a great find :)

J,COOL find,a Seated in NICE condition,recon it was a fantastic day!!! God Bless Chris

that is a very nice find. how deep was it?

Congrats on a nice coin. Still waiting for my first seated.

That's a beauty! I wish mine came out of the ground that nice!

Rex, it was about 8" let out a repeatable but solid high vdi. I found it with my MXT all metal mode. Lot's of iron around it and I'm thinking next time, I'm going to dig all iron.

This was my first at this fort location. I dug an 1821 bust in another field and a 1865 shield but never a seated. I was pretty happy. End of the month I'm going to get it graded and see what they say. It's a key date for sure!

I ran water over it and dabbed it with my thumb till the dirt came off. Probably shouldn't have done this. Glad I didn't wipe it though.

Thats a beautiful seated coin !!!. It looks like it's in good shape and hopefully will grade out nicely. Congratulations on your find !!

That's a high dollar coin whether it grades or not. You might want to post it on the LSCC Seated Dime forum and see what the experts say about the value of an 1843-O dime in that grade. It belongs on the banner, though most here do not recognize it as a key date. PCGS certified AU50 and AU53 coins of this date sold at Heritage at $10,350 and $14,950 recently. If it slabs Genuine- AU details, it could still be in the $1,000 to $5,000 range, in my opinion. That's why I voted Banner for it!

Last edited:
Congrats, incredible find!

Took it to a coin shop (well known) and they said it's only worth melt value and they would pay $10.00 for it. They said it's too corroded and warn. Also, without that scratch it's not even worth anything. I'm Very discouraged!!! I see the same dime on ebay that are slick and have been graded and people are bidding on them. They said it's way below Fine and it wouldn't grade because of corrosion. What the hell!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back