Favorite digging tool?

Took my Lesche digging tool out for a spin today. Must say I like it! Cuts a real nice plug, much better than the trowel I was using. The only evidence I had been there was a little bit of dirt around the edges from places where I had to dig a little deeper. Nice tool! Not to mention I could disembowel someone with it if I needed to!

:o lol let's hope you never need to! Sounds like a great digging tool though! Congrats!

TT
Here is what i use. Its from Target, 8-9 bucks. Lifetime warrntey. It extends and locks so you can dig a nice plug while standing.
CIMG0484.jpg

I use a sharpened chisel. I have a small blade and a larger blade. They haven't failed me yet. When they get a little dull I just sharpen them back up a bit. Really good for cutting grass and sturdy enough to cut around the rocks and actually dig throught hem.

I use the Gator digger from KellyCo most. It has an unlimited lifetime warranty, so I can go at it with gusto while digging and not worry about breaking it.

In fields I use the relic shovel "Mr.T" by Predator". I learned the hard way not to grab the shovel by the blade on the serrated edge, "Ouch". I just push it in the ground and pop up the soil, usually one try gets the target as far down as 9". Makes for a fast recovery.

I also have the Raptor by Predator tools. You can run a truck over it and not do any damage. Digs great, but the sheath is too tight so getting it in and out is hard, so it does not get much use and is my back up digger.

Good quality tools make a difference, spend the money once and enjoy the good experiences you get for a lifetime. Be a cheap skate and you pay forever.

Ed D.

Attachments

• razorgatordigger_onsheath.jpg
    razorgatordigger_onsheath.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 2,442
  • 80LT.jpg
    80LT.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 2,169
  • 31C.jpg
    31C.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2,303
I own the lesche digging tool and used it for about 3-4 months. I then ordered this tool.

http://predatortools.com/item_details.asp?ID=43

The lesh does not get much use now. The Hercules 88 is easy to dig with, cuts real well. I aslo like being able to use my weight with the tool. Getting both hands on the handle and working it. I carry it on a carpenters belt with a hammer loop. I do not leave home without it.

TreasureTales said:
Just recently I bought a used Lesche Ground Shark digger from TNet member radarwill. I really like it because it cuts deep plugs and I don't have to kneel down to do it (I can't kneel down). And it's made in the USA!

sweet looking tool

Don't forget the good ol' backhoe........great when you just cant find that penny.......just look in the plug..... :tard:

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

I carry a FISKARS planting tool with me all of the time. I also use one of there garden spade's that I've cut the corners off to form a point. Depending on where I'm at I also use the tool in the pic below.

Attachments

• dig made.JPG
    dig made.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,982
Pics of mine. ;D Gotten at Regton.com

DSCF1650.JPG
DSCF1651.JPG
DSCF1654.JPG
DSCF1655.JPG
DSCF1656.JPG

A smaller shovel, about 5 inches across with a handle that is long enough to work as a walking cane. Sold by a company called Good Earth. For what I do it's perfect.

If i had a choice, this would be my favorite.
Bet I would not scratch the coin either.

Attachments

• bobcat.jpg
    bobcat.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,774
All you guys using the backhoes and bobcats are just full of it. We all know you can't take one of those with on a hunt.

Now this one is just the right size!
littledigger.jpg

I also use the Ames True Temper 7 in 1 Planter's Buddy.

At Home Depot or Lowe's, $15, can't beat the price, I would also think you could get one at True Temper Hardware Stores.

The serrated edge will cut through a 1" root in less then 15 seconds.

All of the edges are very sharp, not razor sharp, but will do some damage if not careful.

The blade extends the full length of the tool.

Skip

Attachments

• Ames diggin tool.jpg
    Ames diggin tool.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,711

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back