Father Time silver & gold the old swimming hole

submerged

May 20, 2005
Fishkill N.Y.
Father Time silver & gold the old swimming hole

Found some of these with Earthworks at a swimming hole in the Catskill Mountains My Daughter was with me the first day there and almost every swing there would be between 1 and 3 coin hits we stayed until we were asked to leave almost two hours hunting. The following day with Earthworks we hunted the same beach for 2-3 hours until we had to leave again our hunt went to some old foundations. My daughter scammed me out of 2 silver rings and my wife for 1 gold. They used to say laughingly gonna find treasure today dad huh!!! Now they say we hope you find us some jewelry, they dont want to hunt just have their hand out for the good stuff. The watch case is a Father Time 1896 # 18 conductors watch from the railroad the RR adopted a rule that only a regulated watch could be used and had to be accurate to 4 seconds a month following the great train wreck of 1853.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 818
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 816
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 819
Upvote 0
Re: Father Time silver & gold the old swimming hole

WOW :o ::) :o :o What a bunch of loot. Its better than all my days, great finds! Thats a nice garnet ring I see why your daughter and wife like you to detect. My daughter has gotten some sivler finds of mine also, it keeps them happy anyway and is a nice thing to do.
Mchamby

is that private property maybe?? is that why they asked you to leave??...gregg..HH

Double WoW and triple WoW Sub!!!! What some REALLY great finds!!! :o

;)

Congrats on all that silver ! Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Huntin' 59er

That's a really nice haul you got there. What is the deal with the beach rules. Have you been asked to leave before 9:00 a.m. With that good of finds I would listen to what they want and come and clear it out when I can. Good luck there is probably many more to find there. The guards have probably deterred every hunter that has come along in the past. Maybe that's why it's loaded.

HH Jeremy

Nice finds!!! I really like that pocket watch!!

NICE Finds! Wish mine were as good. Have yet to find any Silver or Gold Rings. Just finding alot of modern clad (no silver clad), but I guess that works too!

BTW You should have the rings appraised at a local jeweler for "insurance proposes". You will get a better apprasail than if just asking for the value they would purcahase it. And lets us know its apprasied value......curious?

Awesome,totally awesome!!Im green with envy.WTG!!!

We are dying to know why you are being turned away, maybe in some way that can be appealed? You sure have a good site that has not been hunted.CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK with permission. Keep us updated we're pulling for you and all our rights to enjoyable recreation.

Looks like you need a wetsuit and a water proof light. Operation midnight hunt would be on if I found a spot like that. awesome finds and good luck on your return trip.

Please, how about some close-ups. Especially the Standing Liberty on the top left (right coin the darker one) and the Merc in the middle.

Thank you, and HH!!

Great finds, Im stilll looking for the gold. I got turned away also this weekend....from a state park. Never even got out of the car

I agree covert op at midnight! ;D ;D ;D Now wouldn't they freak out to find someone out in the water at that hour and not skinny dippin! :D
Go for it ! Gigi

I dont know. Get the SP Forces gear, and someone to cover for me because they ain't takin' me and my ACE 250 out alive.

New Headline:
METAL DETECTORIST MENACE TO SWIMMERS
The Catskills, today, Lifeguard Bjorn Bumphus Jr. reported today that a drowning was barely averted today when a metal detectorist was spotted on the beach. "They are a dangerous breed, more deadly than sharks", Bjorn exclaimed! In the past he is aware of detectorists who have tried to remove gold teeth from swimmers who were just laying on the bottom motionless minding their own business. "Praise Allah I was able to run him off before a serious accident or drowning occured" he added. In a related incident lifeguard Marvin Dogooder said he had been involved with a similar incident the following day. "You can't be too careful with those detectorists" he said, "You never know when they may turn on you"! "Those machines emit deadly gamma rays that will effect your brain but we wear tinfoil hats and are protected", said Marvin. "The swimmers are at their mercy"! Meanwhile local law enforcement is doing a complete investigation of the incident. Sheriff Bjorn Bumphus Sr. had no comment other than, " Them things is affectin' my brain as we speak, as we speak, .......did I say as we speak"? "I knowd I'd heered that summers, ah yuk, yuk"! Law enforcement could provide no description of the detectorist...........................................JIM

Submerged, you're so lucky! I hope you have many more hunts just like that one.

(LOL @ jimmileo)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back