Fascinated by Dowsing - Where to look?

ShadowLine

Jan 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two areas that I would like to go artifact hunting and metal detecting. Below are two areas separated by approx 3 miles. I have every reason to believe both areas had significant activity by both early settlers and Lenni Lenape tribes. In the first picture I am limited to searching on the east side of the water. In the second picture I am focused primarily on the south side of the treeline along the lined field. If someone would let me know if there's anything to be found it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dowse 1.JPG

Dowse2.JPG

Marked the best spot I could find. Loose surface stuff, down to 1-2 ft deep.

Attachments

• dowse 1-ShadowLine.JPG
    dowse 1-ShadowLine.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 102
  • Dowse2-ShadowLine.JPG
    Dowse2-ShadowLine.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 114
Red,

I've never asked for anyone to dowse a photo before but I will post a couple of photos tomorrow that I would like some input on... all I know is that they are special areas and definitely have some hidden treasures. I'm guessing that the clearest, closest google earth pic would be most beneficial to both the dowser and the person making the inquiry.

Thank you for the help! I wish I could do this, but I'm at a loss for how to do it. I have a very very interesting location that I'll post sometime in the future where the local native Americans were documented to have settled. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. I'm going to start with these two locations before moving onto the others. Thank you again!

Ok, I've put a green box line around where I believe the signals to be Native American. Then on the other, green circles for places that seem to be settler sites.

Attachments

• Dowse2-ShadowLinecrop.jpg
    Dowse2-ShadowLinecrop.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 92
  • dowse 1B-ShadowLinec.jpg
    dowse 1B-ShadowLinec.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 96
Hey ShadowLine...The kind of hunting is fun but can be difficult...I use an old metal milk create that I have lined with ¼ inch hardware clothe to sift everything..I also have 1/2 , 1 and 2 inch liners that I can use..My favorite method is to use a 5 gallon paint bucket with different size screens...I find no gold or silver on your maps....Art

WIT, GE maps in JPG file format or camera pics are good for getting in real close also.

Thanks again for the help. I am wondering...what is the significance of smaller circles? I believe a circle within a circle indicates a stronger probability of finding something, but wonder if the smaller circles have a significance beyond a smaller search area.

Usually I'll make the first hit in the area larger, then smaller one close by. A hit in a larger circle, a more specific or defined hit.

So my son wanted to test his new detector tonight so we grabbed a couple flashlights and headed to the location in the second picture. We started at the very western side and hit the location of the first red circle. We got 4 hits (old crushed cans and a bottlecap) all within the circle. It was pretty cool, but we couldn't find anything else. We didn't have a lot of time so we just started sweeping the area north of the hits we got, and wandered a bit along the tree-line. Nothing...not one hit. So, early indication is positive for this location.

Yeah, people in old times lived out of cans, plenty of them.

To be honest I just think it's incredible that we searched such a wide area and only found things inside the one circle you put in the pic. All the non-circled area around it was totally barren. Granted there's a ton more to search but I just think it's amazing.

I may have marked too many spots, didn't want to miss anything.

At this point you are 100% correct on what you marked AND what you didn't mark. Not one hit on the MD outside a circle, and multiple hits within the circles. I'll keep you updated as these areas get searched. (These are essentially two areas I'm going to search very slowly over a long period of time...kind of like my "I have a free 30 minutes" locations)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back