Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, first of all let me thank all the responders to my last post about my new field. All the tips are helping me to figure this out.

Today, I spent about 4.5 hours out there, still just kind of randomly wandering to see if I can piece together what this area looked like a long time ago. It's nicely nestled in a very old section. There just has to be some decent finds there. I just have to figure out how to work the field. With your help, I'll get there. If nothing else I am very, very stubborn! ;)

I gotta tell ya though, my wrist is very, very sore right now! The thing that bothered it the most was all the abrupt stops of the swings. Like when the corn stubble reaches up and grabs the coil or bumping up against them. What started to work just toward the end of the day is that I decided to just go with "flying at tree top level" LOL Sure I sacrificed some depth and mostly was searching the surface. But, at least I could work a little easier. I figure it will help me to get a feel for where things are laid out.

Here's the whopping total!

IMGA2052.JPG

Part of my problem is that I'm just not that fluent in artifacts. More of a coin shooter. :dontknow:

I'm counting on the wisdom/experience here at T-NET to help me figure out when I've hit something of good indication. ;)

IMGA2053.JPG
First of all, let me get this rock out of the way. I just happen to like keeping interesting rocks.
I believe it's just quartz but it was so pretty in the sunshine. Kind of translucent, ya know?
IMGA2054.JPG
And it had all these tiny little black crystals embedded on one side.
IMGA2055.JPG
Neat huh.

Then there was this, buckle, hinge looking thingy.
IMGA2056.JPG

IMGA2057.JPG
Then, what better to dig up with my little shovel then a little shovel? :)

IMGA2059.JPG
Disk? Maybe Aluminum? :dontknow:

IMGA2060.JPG
Thought this might've been a musket ball. It's not, just a hot rock.

IMGA2061.JPG
A bit of hardware. (Got screwed again. ;) )

IMGA2062.JPG
In a cornfield!?!? LOL

IMGA2063.JPG
Iron doughnut? (before they became round?) ;)

IMGA2064.JPG
A rather substantial block of iron. Weighs about 3/4 pound.

IMGA2065.JPG
A sort of thick kind of pointed piece of iron.

IMGA2067.JPG
These came just after I started my "tree top flying" method. They were all very close together. I think I found the target area of the shooting gallery. Now, I need to find the shooting line where the gambling went on. ;)

IMGA2069.JPG
This one I find very interesting. It's nonmagnetic, I think I see a bit of green. (brass?)
IMGA2070.JPG
No clue what it might've gone to. :dontknow:

IMGA2071.JPG
And, finally, I guess the coin hunting gods must've felt sorry for me. They threw this one in for me. LOL
IMGA2072.JPG

At least I have a new coin to experiment on with my cleaning methods. :)

Hope this post wasn't too long and /or boring. But, thank you guys for helping me to get this figured out.

HH!

Upvote 0
Nice finds.The rock does look like quartz. The metal buckle hinge thing,looks like an old square link chain used on farm equipment. Don't know about the rest.

Nice finds.The rock does look like quartz. The metal buckle hinge thing,looks like an old square link chain used on farm equipment. Don't know about the rest.

I'm hoping the rock will turn out to be a raw diamond. LOL

The buckle thing, actually has a pivot point in the middle. Sorry about the photo quality. I'll soak it for a while and see if it shows any more detail.

Thanks for the response!

HH!

Photo 15 and 16 looks very much like the trigger hammer to a gun.

Fun to see your finds! The little black crystals in the probable quartz rock may be tourmaline, especially if they are like little rods or broken rods in shape. I've found black tourmaline rods embeded in other rocks as well as loose. HH Andi

Screenshot_2012-11-20-07-41-27.pngHere's the chain I was talking about using on farm equipment. I think its what you have there.

The black crystals are rutile, hence rutilated quartz. Rutile is the only ore of titanium.

Farm chain definitely, and mostly used on manure spreaders.

You are doing right to post everything you find. If you get a good relic that you don't recognize as being good, the forum members will ID it for you. Well done. You'll get there. Detecting takes tons of patience, and more than that, it takes perseverance to find amazing finds.

Regards,

Buck

your pointy tiped metal thing is a barn or door slide bar for locking doors

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back