FARM FINDS IN THE SOFT DIRT!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a farm (or what used to be one) where they are tearing down the house & barn, and in 1 hr of hunting, this is what I found. The walker was at 4 inches deep next to the barn doors. The bottle was found in back of the barn, and the rest was found thru-out the yard.. No other coins were found today (which I found strange) but I am going back to see what else I can find this weekend!

HH all,

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• farm 001.jpg
    farm 001.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 717
  • farm 002.jpg
    farm 002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 714
  • farm 003.jpg
    farm 003.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 709
Upvote 0
spotz said:
Nice digs LW! Maybe there's another gold coin out there. Your first one was fantastic. I've yet to find a walker.
Spotz

I wouldn't bet any $$ on that but, we'll see I guess! lol

I still have a mid 19th century stage coach stop that was a saloon & hotel that I'll be detecting here shortly also,

maybe there I'll have a chance at another gold!

HH

you know something loneney wolfey....I bet its like (since you found that gold coin)........heck just another morgan dollar....libertywalker......ho hum....all the suspense is gone right...............................lol lol lol........
not!

Cool bottle. 1935 Walker - Sweet. Maybe the other smaller coins have sunken deeper(like 7+ inches)? Less surface area so they sink at a faster rate. I once read somewhere a rate at which coins "sink". Of coarse we all know that it is highly dependant on soil conditions, yearly rainfall, etc. Anyway, keep looking there should be more.

Bob

johny mc. said:
you know something loneney wolfey....I bet its like (since you found that gold coin)........heck just another morgan dollar....libertywalker......ho hum....all the suspense is gone right...............................lol lol lol........
not!

Well Johny, in all actuality, it sorta is that way!

I think it happens to 'all' of us in some form at some time along the way,,

I mean,,

I use to be ecstatic when finding a wheat penny (until) I found 100s if not 1000s of them over time, and started finding a lot of silver along the way.. (See what I mean)??

After finding your 500th wheat penny but you're on your 100th silver dime, 37th silver quarter, 12th silver halve, etc. etc.

now, common wheat pennies aren't so "exciting" to find anymore! Right??

It's the same as finding "clad coins" VS finding a silver dime or quarter!

Do you have or get the same feeling from finding both!?

I must admit,

since finding that gold coin, my detecting time has fallen to all time lows, and common silver coins are "just another common silver coin" in how it feels when finding one (although) finding the "big" silver pieces is always a thrill above and beyond the more common dimes!

I sorta of lost interest in coin finding a long time ago anyway though,

these days (& for the last 10 yrs or so) I'm more of a jewelry & relic hunter more than anything but, I do like finding the "old money" (pre 1900s) and always will! ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

Nice Half. All my silver comes out like that for the most part. I polish them with a cleaner and they come out uncirculated. Unless they are rare they get a polish. No other coins but I'd rather have that than a small handful of wheats and a buffalo or something of that nature that you usually get.

Good Luck with the new spot.

HH Jer

Nice finds.. But I imagine there is a lot of old iron stuff around too.. I tried a few old farms, around the old barns and out buildings but after pulling up the umpteenth old iron machine part/wagon part/etc.. I get too frustrated to go on.. I guess I'm just not patient enuff... Usually the only thing I find on the farm, is Ooooo Gad it 'really' does squish out when you step in it ;D

A good day huntin is better than a good day at work and thats all I have been doing. I'll suck it up and get out again soon. Expecting a cold front down here this weekend. Supposed to drop into the seventies. Time for a sweater and the gloves for us. LOL ;D

Great finds LoneWolfe. HH

Nice finds Lonewolfe.As I was watching the walker pic load I was betting it was a 43.I think half of the wheat cents I find are 44s.
Ya beat the odds....good job.....JO

Floater said:
A good day huntin is better than a good day at work and thats all? I have been doing. I'll suck it up and get out again soon. Expecting a cold front down here this weekend. Supposed to drop into the seventies. Time for a sweater and the gloves for us. LOL? ;D

Great finds LoneWolfe. HH

LOL

quote from Arnold Schwarzenegger,

you guys sound like "Gurly men" down there Floater!! ;D

J/k!

HH Floater!

Lonewolfe

Cool BOTTLE.... it sounds like something out of 'Back to the Future' Part1
Loved that movie...........Anyway
Cheers

Congrats on the finds ! I like the bottle since I also collect soft drink bottles. Keep us posted on any new finds.

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back