Fake Breitling for Bentley A25082 Automatic watch from a palace in Iraq. Maybe?

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Got this watch from a soldier in 05 that was stationed in Iraq 03 to 04. Was told that 4 or 5(Correction/There were 10 watches 6 from vender and 4 from another soldier.) other watches just like this one(white and yellow faces) were found in one of the destroyed palaces. No proof of any of this except this pic of a certain person wearing a watch very similar to this one. I found no maker marks of any kind on the inside. Any value just on the watch its self and not the where and who. Non members check out pg. 3 for my comments on and pic of a Britling web site response to fake or reproduction. ThanksView attachment 1310826View attachment 1310825View attachment 1310824View attachment 1310823View attachment 1310822View attachment 1310827

Last edited:
So are you wondering if this watch belonged to SH??

View attachment 1311031
So are you wondering if this watch belonged to SH??

No way to prove SH owned or had a watch like this one just from a pic. Just found this pic on a site of a watch resembling this one that he wore before his death. I know the soldier was in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom and these watches did not exist before 05 as far as I know from all the web searches. BUT that would be awesome to think maybe just maybe. Here's the full pic.

Last edited:
It could also be that while the soldier was over there, that he ended up buying a neat-looking watch from a respectable street vendor, only to find it wasn't.

I honestly believe this soldier as to were these watches were found. No mention of buying. Just gave to fellow soldiers and kept one that was sold for $500.00 and other goods.

I would assume that the manufacturer could verify the short run, time frame, and the like.

It's a cheap fake. No value.

Thanks for the info. Fake, yes. Cheap, maybe. Worthless? Was offered $100 at Pawn America in Duluth, MN. without removing the back plate and I informed them that it was fake.
I have researched this watch with this serial #,moon faze, tourbillion and Breitling with little or no results. I would welcome any additional info that any of the commenters or other members may have to offer. Thanks for the interest.

In 2003, Saddam Hussein's net worth was about $2 B-I-L-L-I-O-N! I can guarantee you that he would have NEVER owned nor worn a FAKE ANYTHING! Hell, the man had a gold AK-47. Why in the hell would he have bought a fake watch? HAHAHA Not a bit of sense.

Here are pics of one of Saddam's Gold AK's and his son Uday's Ferrari F40 ($2 million).

saddamak.jpg udayferrari.jpg

Here is a link to some of the items that Saddam, and his sons Uday and Qusay owned:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/per...s-and-gold-plated-guns-Saddam-lingers-on.html

That should give you an idea of how much money the Hussein Family had.

...........oh yeah. Saddam liked Solid Gold and Two-Tone Rolexes. He is pictured wearing both.

Mike

Last edited:
stationed ? hell i was deployed to Iraq i 03-04 101st abn...... those fake watches dime a dozen all over Iraq.

When Gaddafi was caught and killed I personally knew 4 guys on the ground in country who called me offering to sell me his Golden Pistol. They really thought it was his, within a month 12 private auction houses had his gun up on the market.

Point is, that it most likely was not his. Now a watch did go missing when he was captured, but he had on a Rollex while hiding in that hole. The watch along with other items where cataloged but during his transport a few things went missing.

Also, I have purchased some fakes too down range. They are very common.

I try not to think too much about the battles of the past. It's the battle of the future I keep an eye on -- -- -- OLD AGE! :tongue3:

I thank you for your service Frank to this country and making America a better place to live than any other. I except the fact that it is a fake and to point out that it is not a reproduction watch that was made by Breitling.

Last edited:
I agree that this watch is most likely not SHs. Just posted pic for reference. Sorry if gave wrong impression.

I love guarantees so that being said the ball is in your glove. I will take you up on that and ask that you present any evidence that you may have concerning this watch. Thanks for the info Mike.

I love guarantees so that being said the ball is in your glove. I will take you up on that and ask that you present any evidence that you may have concerning this watch. Thanks for the info Mike.

Are you referring to Post #10 by chance? You sorta lost me on that one.

In 2003, Saddam Hussein's net worth was about $2 B-I-L-L-I-O-N! I can guarantee you that he would have NEVER owned nor worn a FAKE ANYTHING! Hell, the man had a gold AK-47. Why in the hell would he have bought a fake watch? HAHAHA Not a bit of sense.

Here are pics of one of Saddam's Gold AK's and his son Uday's Ferrari F40 ($2 million).

View attachment 1311236 View attachment 1311237

Here is a link to some of the items that Saddam, and his sons Uday and Qusay owned:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/per...s-and-gold-plated-guns-Saddam-lingers-on.html

That should give you an idea of how much money the Hussein Family had.

...........oh yeah. Saddam liked Solid Gold and Two-Tone Rolexes. He is pictured wearing both.

Mike

If he did not know it was a fake whos to say. But if he did Sht Head would have had the makers eliminated. He was a very rich dick and I to agree that if he knew it was fake he would not have owned or worn it.

NSDQ,

I was there a long time before you! HAHAHA I went in 1985, and helped teach the Republican Guard small unit tactics and some modern electronic communications equipment (I believe it was the Litton Industries Digital Manpack Radio as a replacement for our Vietnam Era AN/PRC-77s). At the time, they were fighting Iran, and we were quite friendly. We were treated like royalty while we were there. Who knew that six years later, we would be dropping bombs on them. They were also in the process of buying very long range artillery from a guy named John Bull in Canada. I understood he was also working on an artillery piece that could hit Israel from Iraq. Something like a suborbital 1000mm round.

Mike

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back