Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_3703.jpeg
    IMG_3703.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Upvote 35
I have found 2 billfolds before. One had 427 dollars in it. When i pulled into a gas station i seen it laying in the driveway. Seems the guy had it out to pay for gas and laid it on his car and drove off forgetting it. He must have not got to far away when he remembered it. He came tearing back into the station. and even asked me if i had found anything. I asked him what his name was and what was he looking for and he said a billfold., He told me his name then i asked if it looked anything like this and held it up. I remember how he almost cried. He gave me $10.00 for finding it. I did not want to take the money but he insisted.

The other billfold i found had 0ver 600 dollars in checks, I was probably 12 or so at the time. I lived in Kalamazoo Michigan. We live about a block away from the K College campus.She was a teacher and someone stole it from her purse in a class and took the cash and threw the billfold away in the bushes .She gave me $20 abut my dad did not want me to take it. she insisted :)

You have a nice find for sure :)

Nice find! First thing I would do is take it to a bank to make sure it is real... :laughing7:
First thing i would do and not kidding would be to check around and see if some needy pernost it and was asking if anyone and seen it ?

First thing i would do and not kidding would be to check around and see if some needy person lost it and was asking if anyone and seen it ?

True, but then again, needy people don't typically walk around with hundo's in their pocket.

Having to clean up trees after a storm , entrance to BMX trail I find this. The perks of working at the park. Maybe I will get out to swing at lunch .
sweet find another $50 you can buy a holed gold dollar coin and say you found a gold coin by proxy..lol j/k

I did just that , that was all I seen
nice brother, when I was a kid the macdonalds in my home town was next to a big field and on windy days the drivethru exchanges would literally blow away and I would just walk the field and harvest money...good memories thanks for sharing

WHY a bank ? Every time around here when i cash one at a store they ALWAYS CHECK it and then give me my change without asking my ID
It's got the Ben Franklin water mark, it's real but yeah I wouldn't take it to a bank

nk i normally do not deal with. I asked them if they had a half dollars They told me they had just got in $740 worth. I told them i would like to buy them . They asked me if i had an account with them I said no and they would not sell them to me then. So i opened a $200 savings account with them and bought the halves :) . I think about half of them were 90% silver :) then when i brought the remaining coins back to them I cancelled the savings account :)

Having to clean up trees after a storm , entrance to BMX trail I find this. The perks of working at the park. Maybe I will get out to swing at lunch .
WOW! I believe people who metal detect have "trained eyes" They are always looking down. Believe it or not, I can walk across a stone parking lot and spot a round object. Not always a coin, but many times it will be. I would go back and scour that area. Maybe another bill or two.

sweet! that will almost get you out the door at Walletmart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back