Exciting day!

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5339B3E8-5614-41B2-ADAA-2B8EBBE2EB49.jpeg
Being my husband is a Civil War history enthusiast, finding our first 3 ringer was pretty exciting! Not even going to lie, my hands were shaking. Sucks it’s been beat up by a plow but still awesome! Also found some sort of game (chess?) piece? And a critter’s lost claw was sitting in the dirt.

Upvote 22
Neat find. Now you will start to find more! Good luck.

Nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

The chess piece may actually be a grease fitting (zerk) maybe.

I’ll have to google that. I like answers to what stuff is lol Definitely couldn’t find a chess piece that looked like that or any other game pieces. It’s heavy though and solid.

Looks like a brass furniture or clock finial, not a chess-piece.

Could quite possibly be a finial. Would the bottom end be solid?

Could quite possibly be a finial. Would the bottom end be solid?
As a finial it should show some signs of a fixing.
Although I had another thought, it could be the broken end of a brass window latch.

Congrats on your first 3-ringer :icon_thumright: Sorry,can't help with the brass piece.

Thats really awesome he will be addicted to this great hobby in no time and will be dissapearing more and more on hunts lol you will eventually get a detector and then its fun time its amazing all the cool stuff you will find... Great post

Oh he’s only been able to leave me once! I was in the middle of ripping carpet and had extra kids at the house. He hasn’t been able to go without me yet! We’ve currently been using our detector and borrow his dad’s while waiting for our new one to come in. And when his dad joins us and we can’t use his, I poke around with the pointer lol

Hope you have fun with it when it comes and post all your finds Happy New Year Tommy

Oh he’s only been able to leave me once! I was in the middle of ripping carpet and had extra kids at the house. He hasn’t been able to go without me yet! We’ve currently been using our detector and borrow his dad’s while waiting for our new one to come in. And when his dad joins us and we can’t use his, I poke around with the pointer lol

You sound like a dedicated finder like me. When I am not detecting my eyes are always looking for things people have dropped. I have found gold rings and chains, silver rings and earrings and tons of coins just looking around.

Congratulations on that first 3 ringer. In your part of the country you should be able to find some good spots and add lots more civil war finds to your list. Keep swingin and good luck.

Well your certainly in a great area for civil war finds! Look forward to seeing more in the future! :occasion14:

I have the claw propped against a marble I found, if that could be distorting the image of it. I believe it's from a hawk or owl that died out there. There are several in the area. We watched a marsh hawk for a while over the field and heard an owl in the pecan trees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back