Error dime?

dirtfisher1127

Aug 8, 2011
I found this dime in some coins I bought. The four seems to be partially missing. Could this be from a filled die or is it pmd? Thanks! 20230502_074452.jpg20230502_075100.jpg20230502_074452.jpg

Attachments

• 20230502_074416.jpg
    20230502_074416.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 34
Probably a grease filled die. The 4 is still visible, so, not going to command a lot over it's silver value.....maybe a buck or two. If the 4 was completely missing and/or the coin was in better shape, it might be worth quite a bit more.

Probably a grease filled die. The 4 is still visible, so, not going to command a lot over it's silver value.....maybe a buck or two. If the 4 was completely missing and/or the coin was in better shape, it might be worth quite a bit more.
Thank you for your reply! Don't guess I will be able to retire on this one!!!

I agree with cudamark

I'll be the third to agree with grease filled die.

Generally, in conditions AU and above, a greaser that completely obscures a significant device on the coin will increase the collector value significantly. If the device is partly obscured, such as a single digit of the date of this lovely Winged Liberty Dime, the value may marginally increase…on a good day.

Just how significant the premium may be is completely dependent on what someone is willing to pay on that day.

Time for more coffee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back