Equinox 600

ncsuwolf

Jul 21, 2024
I have an equinox 600 which is about 4 years old. Never had any problems with it until last weekend. It started “humming”. I changed settings (field, beach, etc) ground balanced, turned down sensitivity all to no avail. The hum is directional to the volume setting of the machine…..higher the volume = louder the hum and vice versa. Any thoughts?

Is it possible that you accidentlly turned up the threshold level? Also maybe try another coil if you have one or take the coil cover off your coil and clean it and see if that helps

Is it possible that you accidentlly turned up the threshold level? Also maybe try another coil if you have one or take the coil cover off your coil and clean it and see if that helps
I adjusted the threshold and it did help. I’ll clean the coil and/trade out tomorrow. Once I lowered the threshold it starting falsing like crazy even on 17 or 18 sensitivity. Will report back tomorrow. Thanks.

I have an equinox 600...started “humming”...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to BRANDS > MINELAB for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

Ok, so I think you nailed it. Have never messed with threshold (on purpose) but was set on 18-19 when the obnoxious buzzing started. Re-set to factory and it was 4 (for reference the nox 900 is apparently 0). I do not use headphones, and assume the buzzing was always there, I just never noticed. Even at 4 if you put your ear to the speaker it’s still there. Changed coils and no change. Thanks again

Good to hear..the 600 is a good machine. I have and use a 600 along with a 900.

Good to hear..the 600 is a good machine. I have and use a 600 along with a 900.
600 was first machine I had, recently got a 900, and while it may be hours of usage/comfort with the machine vs actual performance ….i like the 600 better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back