Equinox 600 or 800 or notka makro infibio multi

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many comparable opinions r old I agree, but considering only performance and price what’s your call, try to give unbiased opinions even if your loyal to a brand, if not it wouldn’t serve to the many detectorist old and new. Ok if you may help those that really want to buy a new or used machine I’m sure they appreciate it

After seeing the way my hunting partners 800 does I would choose it over just about any machine on the market today. If I didn't have an XP Deus the 800 would be my main machine.

I think the fact of matter is, unless u r willing to learn the settings on the more expensive machine to get the effect of capabilities, then just stick to others save money and frustration if u don’t have patience. Heck just go get the simplex for the money, simple and u get more for the money, or vanquish even Garrett 400. Money is always considered but the many videos and comments do help to, thanks

Ive only been detecting seriously for about 4 months with the equinox 800. No experience with the other detectors you mentioned, but the 800 is a great machine. We have hit a hammered site (old plugs everywhere) twice, and have still pulled out 14 silvers, a bunch of IHPs, & numerous old coins. My vote goes to the equinox series.

although i dont like the newer machines as far as sturdiness and durability and rechargeable batteries make me cringe the equinox 600 is the best bang for your buck Just dont drop it All my whites are much better made

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back