Enfield.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Enfield1.jpg
    Enfield1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Enfield2.jpg
    Enfield2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 275
Well it is not an enfield as it has at least two, and maybe three, rings. Definitely fired but I can't say for sure if it is civil war related or not. See if you can see any crimp marks in the groves. That would indicate a later made bullet.

Upvote 0
duggap said:
Well it is not an enfield as it has at least two, and maybe three, rings. Definitely fired but I can't say for sure if it is civil war related or not. See if you can see any crimp marks in the groves. That would indicate a later made bullet.

Are those grooves or scratches?

Upvote 0
It looks like a 3 ringer. The nose was messed up by a bullet wormer. It was a threaded tool used to pull jammed bullets out of the guns. I'm not sure if the bullet was fired or if the rifling marks were made when the bullet was pulled out of the barrel. I've dug several wormed bullets with rifling marks on the side but am not sure why they were like that.

Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
It looks like a 3 ringer. The nose was messed up by a bullet wormer. It was a threaded tool used to pull jammed bullets out of the guns. I'm not sure if the bullet was fired or if the rifling marks were made when the bullet was pulled out of the barrel. I've dug several wormed bullets with rifling marks on the side but am not sure why they were like that.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back