Attachments

• half dime front.JPG
    half dime front.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 541
  • half dime.JPG
    half dime.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0
That is a great find, Congrats. I have yet to find a half dime.

I love half dimes and 3 cent pieces its all we collect. Not really worth a lot with holes in them but i just love them. She's a beaut. Mike

Chomp, chomp! Now go find that large cent!!!! ;D

Awesome find!!! Nana :)

The hole always makes you wonder more about its travels, ought to make it more valuable

I wish I could find a coin like that!

Congratulations!

Ridley

My neighbor told me that itused to be common to frill a hole in a coin and then tether it to make apacifier.....never heard of that myself.

texan connection said:
The hole always makes you wonder more about its travels, ought to make it more valuable

NICE!
Colonist traded coins to indians who put holes in them and wore them as jewelry.
It supposedly reduces the value but I think it's it neat to know an Indian wore it.

Every body wants to dig one of them, up, very nice find

way to go Tex

Eddy

Actually it was not in the ghost town, but about 5 miles away, along hwy 6 (a very old texas trail) in Hearne Texas, the state has bought up land between Hearne and Calvert to widen the road, there are several wide open State owned spots ;D even a old homstead (maybe more than one). I have found some intresting finds there but nothing this great, They should be bringing in the dozers soon so I hope to get some really cool stuff b-4 its all concret
What's funny is I have yet to find any thing Silver bettwen 06 and 44, and Never anything over a quarter, (a wide range of wheates though).

Nice Find!!!

Silver is always nice but I'll take a wheat anyday...

HH
Joe

great find i'm still waiting to find my first coin in the 1800's my oldest is a 1922 penny :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back