Easter Weekend Haul

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi guys, Got to do some hunting this weekend in between all the other stuff I had to get done. Got out for about 8hrs over the weekend. Hit a few good spots I like to hunt alot and came away with a few silver coins.

I have been driving by this old statue commerating ww1 or ww2 soldiers. It's a big piece of land that sits in between the roads like a median. It's like a triangle that separates the roads. There is some big old houses right around the place so thought it would be good to check. Me and my brother tested it for about an hour. I found about 3.50 in clad and that silver ring you see there. My brother found about 2.00 in clad and a fake ring. Wasn't bad for an hour but I had to head to my older spots. The clad was so deep that I assumed that the place had been top soiled over to make the land nicer at one point probably 20yrs or so ago.

Didn't find any old coins there. There should have been a few wheat's even if it was hit. Just going to keep researching to be able to keep finding old stuff. It's hard to consistently find old stuff. And that's what drives me.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Easter Haul.jpg
    Easter Haul.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 461
  • Easter Haul 1.jpg
    Easter Haul 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Easter Haul 2.jpg
    Easter Haul 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 446
  • Easter Haul 3.jpg
    Easter Haul 3.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0
Nice finds! I like the signals that you dig, you get some cool stuff. If I know that I am in an old area, I dig pretty much everything too. Get some interesting things that way.

Rich

Nice finds! Hope you took your easter basket along to gather those up in. WTG! HH

WTG you are one of the most impressive detectorist i have seen in many moons HH
thanks for the pic's.

Mark

Hi guys and thanks for the replies. My wife and I have been doing some research about P.a. And earlier tonight we came across some information that could lead us to land that hasn't been touched for a half of century that dates back to the early 1800S. I'm planing on checking out these sites soon. If these sites have the potential I think they have you may see me in your monthly W&E magazine. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again HH Jer

Thanks Wayne

HH Jer

Nice haul for real JerDfx".Only got out for a couple hrs myself on sunday.
Time was on your side by the quantity and quality of your finds.
Realy enjoyed the pics.Have more nice hunts in the future. Groundfisher

Nice haul there JerDfx. Like to see a better photo of the toy gun. Wanted to get out myself, but sinus were acting up all weekend. This week-end watch out.

Thanks guys, Sorry for the way the pics turned out. I must have been busy and through them up quickly. It's hard to work with a scanner and the amount of stuff I am trying to load up at one time. With the size capacity I have to try and figure out how much I can scan at once so it will load up. Will invest in a digital camera here soon and solve that problem. In the mean time I'm glad I can at least give you guys a good idea of what your looking at.

Time is a big factor in finding treasure. The more time you have the more you can find. Or the better your chances while hunting in slower spots. I have been reading for a few hrs aday and have researched so many spots that have great potential for good treasure and maybe even some caches who knows. The biggest problem for me is my wife and 2 younge kids. It's hard to leave your family every weekend and go detecting for 15 or 20 hrs over the span of a weekend. But that's the kind of time it takes to drive around and locate these old spots.

I am building up alot of spots and am going to break away every now and then to some spots out of the city. You can find treasure in the city I live in without a ton of effort. But I'm trying to break into the 1850's and before stuff. And in order to do that with a greater chance of finding the stuff I need to do some more traveling. But from now till then I'll just keep working spots I know of that will turn up an occasional Indian or 2 just to keep at it.

Good Luck Jeremy

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back