Easter Gold / Foil

F

Floater

Well I went to the beach here in Ft Lauderdale. Since i was hunting a demo site all weekend I wanted to see how the Excalibur did by the ocean. Well the finds weren't great but the machine did hum. First sound was that low growl of gold . dug down about ten inches and pulled up a piece of aluminum about 2"x 1 " next came the screech of copper. hit a penny at 6 inches Found the usual bottle caps . Mostly Coronas. And then on the way back to the girls I hit a nother gold growl . Dug down about ten inches and saw the flash of yellow. My heart stopped for a moment and then I saw it . Well it looks like a cheap charm or a emblem from some crappy tourist clothes or something. Anyway here it is but still fun. HH

Attachments

• scoin.jpg
    scoin.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
The last time I dug a foil/gold signal it turned out to be a ROLO's candy in the gold wrapper....I almost had a heart attack!!!

POOR LUCK IN POMPANO TODAY. STILL STUGGLING TO LEARN EXCAL. 2.37 IN CLAD.

Keep at it there Floater. One of these times when you least expect it, someone will come up to you and say "smile! you're on candid....Oh wait, I meant to say, one of these days that "growl" will be a solid 18K flawless diamond ring!

An old friend of mine (passed away now) used to hunt your general area beaches. One day he found a massage ring. As I recall, he sold it to some relative for $1800. I also know of two professors from a certain college in Florida who make part of their living by detecting a certain beach location. They don't tell where it is but after storms they make a big killing. I guess it's some location where the current brings in items lost at some big popular beach some distance away. I personally know nothing about hunting Florida beaches so I just have to take them at their word. I do know they're finding thousands of dollars worth of jewelry a year.

Keep at it.

ML

Tank we need to hook up. PM me and lets figure out a meeting place to hunt.
Hey minelab, I hear ya. My day is coming soon.Your friends are hunting
WaBasso beach and the upper treasure coast. If thy are finding Jewelery Probably a little to the southern end and then Boca is Prime spots. Also Hollywood beach and Ft Lauderdale. How are you doing/ I have some more to post on the Excalibur but not here. Probably in detecting Later folks and thanks for looking. Oh I also heard from Surfrat and I think we are hookin up this weekend for a morning hunt. Tank PM me and ill give ya the info.

bmanofnbc, Thanks for the heads up on the sony. I was able to buy our old one here at the office and it's the 3.3 megapixel. It has the Macro on it plus the manual focus. It is the unit for close ups plus for what they charged me it is going right into the Detector road bag. Thanks again.

For getting pictures of finds, don't overlook that flatbed scanner. Sometimes I get a better picture with that than I can with my digital.

The scanner is so damn big I threw the last one out. I have some real nice ones at the office but I really want to make sure the camera is it. This sony with the Macro is killer. I am going to get one of those mini tripods and a nice non reflective base and see how it does.HH

Hey buddy,

Your having too damm much fun,....now stop it will ya ;D

Rod

LOL. Lifes to short.And you better start havin fun soon yourself or were comin to your hood to drag you and the boys out.I would hate to see ya MD all day. LOL

You just might have to come up here and drag me out. I've been swamped with work lately, more than I can handle! and there's no relief in site! Another 15 hour day today!

URRGGHHHH! :-\

Glad you a got a good deal on the used Sony. Mine has the Macro but no manual focus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back