Cape Hunter

May 17, 2019
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday for a 2 hour hunt on a hillside over looking a lily pad pond. Soil was quite good for the cape. Someone long ago knew that and put it to use. Lots of smaller iron signals probably from farming implements. Found the most pewter buttons of any one time. Only target that really jumped out was ringing a solid 93 on my Equinox 900 and showing max depth. I suddenly had high hopes of a large US Silver or Spanish 8 reales. I think it was one of the deeper target I have dug. I kept checking thinking a perfect 93 at every sweep could not be a big hunk of iron. I finally pulled out this buckle which was not what I expected at all. I think this may be the oldest single fang buckle I have found complete and still working. Claws still swing back and forth. Crazy. Looks post medieval. Maybe the owner of a Mass State Pine Tree shilling I found at another pond just 5 minute walk from where I am. That coin was really deep as well.

The other pics are a strange section of gold leafed ribbed barrels linked together found last March. Turns out its part of a Victorian Book Chain Bracelet. Some one lost beside a wooded trail.

Thanks for looking, Bill

Attachments

• buckle 1.jpg
    buckle 1.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 39
  • buckle 2.jpg
    buckle 2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 21
  • buckle 3.jpg
    buckle 3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 21
  • buckle 4.jpg
    buckle 4.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Post_Medieval_Shoe_Buckle_(FindID_462316).jpg
    Post_Medieval_Shoe_Buckle_(FindID_462316).jpg
    282 KB · Views: 22
  • pewter buttons.jpg
    pewter buttons.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 26
  • sat morning hunt march 2.jpg
    sat morning hunt march 2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 26
  • book chain bracelet.jpg
    book chain bracelet.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Upvote 21
Went out yesterday for a 2 hour hunt on a hillside over looking a lily pad pond. Soil was quite good for the cape. Someone long ago knew that and put it to use. Lots of smaller iron signals probably from farming implements. Found the most pewter buttons of any one time. Only target that really jumped out was ringing a solid 93 on my Equinox 900 and showing max depth. I suddenly had high hopes of a large US Silver or Spanish 8 reales. I think it was one of the deeper target I have dug. I kept checking thinking a perfect 93 at every sweep could not a big hunk of iron. I finally pulled out this buckle which was not what I expected at all. I think this may be the oldest single fang buckle I have found complete and still working. Claws still swing back and forth. Crazy. Looks post medieval. Maybe the owner of a Mass State Pine Tree shilling I found at another pond just 5 minute walk from where I am. That coin was really deep as well.

The other pics are a strange section of gold leafed ribbed barrels linked together found last March. Turns out its part of a Victorian Book Chain Bracelet. Some one lost beside a wooded trail.

Thanks for looking, Bill
great finds! I love those deep coin/ shoe buckle signals. Nice pewter button too.

You did good Keep DIGGING :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back