Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just thought I would give an update to the finds we have made at the early British/provincial army camp that I found about a month ago. Have made about 3 ore trips there and finds have definitely decreased-as stated on the video many of you watched, the main camp is about400 feet from where we do have access and still working on getting access to that site.
Nothing earth shattering-mostly musket balls but also have found a nice knee buckle, cuff-size blow hole button and a very nice, fully intact and open jack knife. Greg's was found closed and we have also found two others that are partial. These must have been issued as they are all very similar. The quality of the iron however is very thin and it was best to use apple cider vinegar instead of electrolysis that would have completely eaten the metal.
One surprise was what we thought was a KG half-penny that Greg found turned out to be a 1710-1712 French 6 deniers.
Once we get back, will keep posting-thanks for looking and appreciate all the comments.

Russ

Attachments

• finds to date 1.24.16.jpg
    finds to date 1.24.16.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 146
  • jack knives.jpg
    jack knives.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 129
  • coins closeup.jpg
    coins closeup.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 328
  • office buckle closeup.jpg
    office buckle closeup.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 22
Wow I need to see those shoe buckles up close. Would you mind posting close ups? Some great finds there

Those buckles are incredible, very early site you've got there. Guessing it's to early for numbered pewters?

Yeah-unfortunately it will be highly improbable to have them due to dates however, could be chance that some SC militia does pop up.

Last edited:
Wow I need to see those shoe buckles up close. Would you mind posting close ups? Some great finds there

Will get some close ups and post them shortly-thanks.

20160125_202711.jpg20160125_202804.jpg
Sorry for quality but best I could do with night and indoor lighting. Ahab, if you watched video of this hunt I did explain some on why we don't dig shoe buckles (as a general rule) in my region of SC. Second buckle was found broken but all in same hole (no I did not break it thanks goodness). These were definitely pleasant surprises but also did confirm what we thought about the time period(s) this camp was in use!
Russ

Last edited:
Russ Great Digs again. Keep up the posts. Hope y'all get access to that additional property. Bleed Orange brother

Hey bud do you have a link to the vid? Nice finds!

Congrats on the finds. Those shoe buckles are just killer. Thanks for the update.

Best of luck to you in 2016!

Very nice group of finds! Love those buckles. Looking forward to seeing what other treasures y'all get from that site. Congrats!

Nice bunch of finds.

I have never seen that type of 18th C Buckle plate before!

Amazing spot ya got there! Love those buckles!

MAN WHAT NICE BUCKLES THE DETAIL IS ASTOUNDING ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back