Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys,

Yesterday I revisited the site that produced an early 1800s navy eagle and was not disappointed. Among the normal lead slag and seals, I managed to recover a small unmarked pewter, a War of 1812 I cuff button, brass saddle boss, and my first gaiter button. I also pulled a few round balls of varying caliber. The prize came late in the day as the tide...and coming tropical storm...began to complicate recovery conditions. As soon as I was able to pin point, sea water would rush in and hit my detector making digging accurate plugs nearly impossible. Before calling it a day, I began digging random plugs near what sounded like an a pull tab until I was able to get my hand around it... 1812 1st Regiment Coat Button! Early pewter streak continues- thanks for looking.

20150509_081542_resized.jpg20150509_145626_resized.jpg20150510_090743_resized.jpg20150510_090551_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 22
Great day out !! :thumbsup:

Wow! Super buttons!

Nice finds man...I've been fortunate to hit two 1800-1812 camps and I do love the buttons from that era. Keep it up.

Great finds bud. You must've been up at 5AM to catch that tide. Perseverance paid off!!

Very interesting and historical day hunting, congratulations!

Wow you've made a lifetime of early military button finds on the matter of s few months. Congrats

Very nice buttons there….love to find some of them but would be slim picking here…but still a chance

Sweet buttons. Great spot you have there!

those buttons are really nice, great day out!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back