Eagle Buttons Gettysburg Little Round Top and Cemetery Ridge

F

floatcopper

Hi,
I don't know if I'm supposed to do this or not but I found two buttons on ebay that are dug. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this but I'd like to know something about them. Maybe someone could give me more information as to their approximate value and history?

If I'm wrong in posting this here, let me know. You all seem so nice and I really like reading all the great postings! Here are pictures of my two button purchases. The man I got them from said they were dug at Gettysburg back some 45 years ago. One came from Little Round Top and the other from Cemetery Ridge.

Thank you very much for your help.

floatcopper

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 380
  • button2.jpg
    button2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
Nice buttons floatcopper.....Two things to add.....I detected on a bordering farm of the battlefield, and the farmer, in his late 70's told me that "back in the 60's, he and his brother used to detect on the battlefield, and found a load of relics". So, there was something about the 60's, either the NPS didn't care, or patrol the park, or the rules were different. I just saw a piece on the news last week about the park at Gettysburg, and they said they are enforcing the "closed at dusk" policy, due to kids "partying", and illegal relic hunting at night, and they are incorporating night vision to find these individuals.

I for one wouldn't want to be in those woods at night with head phones on!!!....... :o

aquabob said:
Nice buttons floatcopper.....Two things to add.....I detected on a bordering farm of the battlefield, and the farmer, in his late 70's told me that "back in the 60's, he and his brother used to detect on the battlefield, and found a load of relics". So, there was something about the 60's, either the NPS didn't care, or patrol the park, or the rules were different. I just saw a piece on the news last week about the park at Gettysburg, and they said they are enforcing the "closed at dusk" policy, due to kids "partying", and illegal relic hunting at night, and they are incorporating night vision to find these individuals.

I for one wouldn't want to be in those woods at night with head phones on!!!....... :o

Thanks so much for telling me this! This greatly supports the sellers story. I now believe these bottons really did come from the places the seller said they came from.

floatcopper

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back