E-300 electronic Doser, Made by Precision Instruments Co. HELP

goldprospector7

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2008
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
I have an old whites eagle II works really well still.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn.jpg E-300 I picked this up and would love to know what this is all about, I would love to get it out in the field and use it, any info would be highly appreciated. I will post a pic or two of it later. Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
Wow, looks fancy! haha...let me know how it works! If you are having trouble figuring it out I suggest youtube maybe?

~goldprospector7~
E-300 electronic Doser, Made by Precision Instruments Co.
Can’t find any thing about it...Just find the battery compartment, put in new batteries and see what it does.. Just because it is shaped like a Dowsing Rod does not mean it is one..Art

Doser - Google Search

I personally put NO faith in LRL (Long Range Locator) devices, but some swear by them...I think they are all scams...

HH,

Best I recall it is used the same as a dowsing rod. You sweep across the area and if the rod gets a hit the sensor will detect movement and it will light up. So the idea is that any slight movement will be sensed.

thats very true on the look, I thought that too, but the old lady I got it from said she thought it had something to do with metal detecting cause her husband was into it. It also has a little tube in the inside of the long narrow rod with a piece of metal which might be silver. I can take a pic and post it also, watch for the pic. Thanks for your reply also.

Put out some silver and see if you can get a pull to it. Have someone hide the silver and then try to find it.

As I recall on the E-300 there was a meter on the back (left side of the picture). That meter responded to the movements
of the rod coming out the front. The rod was actually on a swivel which made small movements more noticeable and were
enhanced even more by the meter's movement. I tried dowsing with it ( I mostly used a Carl Anderson Antenna Rod at the time).
It was a demonstrator by a dealer and I didn't find it as sensitive as the Anderson Rod. This was probably in the late 70's
or early 80's. In my opinion, interesting but not useful.
Rich

but the old lady I got it from said she thought it had something to do with metal detecting cause her husband was into it. It also has a little tube in the inside of the long narrow rod with a piece of metal which might be silver.

I would bet it probably is silver in the little tube as the owner was probably looking for silver with it. It is made to find the same material that you put in the tube, supposedly even if you fold/roll/crumple up a dollar bill & put inside then that's what it will try to locate. Ive seen these demonstrated before & with silver it did work but it took a tray full of silver (several ounces) to get it to work. LRL's seem very iffy to me especially ones that claim to locate paper money. The guy said it was the ink on paper money this LRL would hit on if there was enough hidden but no demo on it so I call BS.

Back in the early days of LRL’s many of the people used bait that was just a concoction they made. There are still some that use that method. As far as paper money goes It can be checked with dowsing rods and some LRL’s....Art

Here is an ad on the ES-300 from Lost Treasure Oct 89
Hope the picture attached ok
Rich

Attachments

• ES-300 001.pdf
    963 KB · Views: 175
thanks very much everyone for all the info, I do have a man that collects Long Range Locaters so I'm going to see about selling it to him. And the piece of metal that was inside the capsule was a silver dime bent up to fit in the capsule. Thanks again for all your help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back