Dust covers for screen word of caution!

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi! Just a word of caution to the users of the plastic and cloths dust cover for the meters. I was out hunting with my (Tornado) 800 at my local Carolina Isla Verde at 930 AM and at about 1130AM my equinox started acting weird I no longer view correctly the numbers on the screen by then I get a danger sign Tornado's screen was completely blackened out. Absolutely the view of the whole graphics died on me I said oh shucks my detector is broken! I touch the plastic dust cover it was boiling hot. The darn sun was roasting my machine it seemed like the combination of the black cloth of the dust cover and the front was acting like a magnifying glass. I tried noise cancel that seemed to work trying to find something to come to the rescue I finally gave up and left the beach. On the ride back home inside the bus I removed the cover and smeared cold water over the meter with my clothed hanky after about half hour later I tried powering it on with a miraculous sign of relief 800 was again normal. I feel that the inventor of this After market gadget failed terribly on making them in black why not white for cry out loud black absorbs heat and retains it after the $1.75 that day I am going back again but now with a more motivated and cautious way to handle this scary event. Spread the word folks I ordered one for Gaborah"Manticore" as well I won't let this to happen to him as well. Hope I open your eyes on this issue and spared a few on costly repairs. "LP"

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a screen saver film installed, why do you need a cover?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions