DUMPSTER JACKPOT!!! Updated with the tally!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boss asks me to dump a bunch of pallets into the giant dumpster at work. So I climbed over the edge to see where they’d all fit…. I look down, and Oh Snap! Is that ring? I get ridiculed for climbing in the loaded messy, filthy, disgusting trailer of trash.
Then another? I start moving things around, and OMG!
There are at least 7 gold rings, silver, a few wheats, tokens, a war nickel…. And chains too!
They are mostly bunked up with grease, oil, nasty sticky stuff, so I’m looking forward to cleaning them up, I’ll get yall a tally later on.
Yay me!

Ok, so as it turns out, not as huge a score as I first thought, but still pretty good I’d say!
15 chains, bunch of junk bling, Avon stuff, costume jewelry and the like…

But BOOM! 6 Gold Rings, and a Sterling Sharp Shooter Pin. 1 18K, a 14K, and the others are 10K.
The class rings are engraved with the same initials as the wedding rings.
Hope to track down the owner….curious that the 3 wheats are all 1955…
So overall, I done good!

Attachments

• IMG_5296.jpeg
    IMG_5296.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_5297.jpeg
    IMG_5297.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_5298.jpeg
    IMG_5298.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Upvote 47
No telling who threw away all this stuff, maybe didn’t even realize what was in there.
Lots of people use the dumpster at my work, we got like 100 employees and they clean out houses and throw all sorts of crap in there…
So this is what I gathered…
A Jewish guy graduated college in 1961, he had some nice cuff links from High School, as evidenced by the patent date. He then served our country, met a Catholic girl about 14 years younger, as her HS ring is 1971.
Both their initials are on the wedding rings.
They visited Paris at some point. He worked in a coal mine, and was awarded a safety buckle. Probably lived in Clarksburg WV, with the auto store money clip in the stash…
He didn’t have a lot of money, because all her stuff is fake…. Oh yeah, I think she probably worked for Avon lol.
I’m determined to find this guy, or next of kin….
I love shit like this!
Sherlock Holmes stuff right there !!👏👏👏

Dave how are you going to find out any personal history from who owned those items?
Both class rings are engraved, and the wedding rings are also engraved with the matching initials…. No doubt husband and wife. Other assorted pieces from Clarksburg WV.
I figured this would be easy, but I can’t find the matching initials in ther respective yearbooks.
I had to sign up through Classmates.com to get access to what I was looking for…. Now I got a bunch of emails from Dbags I went to school with who want to connect after 36 years. WTF!!!:BangHead:

Both class rings are engraved, and the wedding rings are also engraved with the matching initials…. No doubt husband and wife. Other assorted pieces from Clarksburg WV.
I figured this would be easy, but I can’t find the matching initials in ther respective yearbooks.
I had to sign up through Classmates.com to get access to what I was looking for…. Now I got a bunch of emails from Dbags I went to school with who want to connect after 36 years. WTF!!!:BangHead:
Ok guy... I wish ya the best. I know you'll keep us posted..... :thumbsup:

Boss asks me to dump a bunch of pallets into the giant dumpster at work. So I climbed over the edge to see where they’d all fit…. I look down, and Oh Snap! Is that ring? I get ridiculed for climbing in the loaded messy, filthy, disgusting trailer of trash.
Then another? I start moving things around, and OMG!
There are at least 7 gold rings, silver, a few wheats, tokens, a war nickel…. And chains too!
They are mostly bunked up with grease, oil, nasty sticky stuff, so I’m looking forward to cleaning them up, I’ll get yall a tally later on.
Yay me!

Ok, so as it turns out, not as huge a score as I first thought, but still pretty good I’d say!
15 chains, bunch of junk bling, Avon stuff, costume jewelry and the like…

But BOOM! 6 Gold Rings, and a Sterling Sharp Shooter Pin. 1 18K, a 14K, and the others are 10K.
The class rings are engraved with the same initials as the wedding rings.
Hope to track down the owner….curious that the 3 wheats are all 1955…
So overall, I done good!
Love the last pic... nice score... would love to hear back regarding the class ring owners...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back