dumpster finds

lets_go

Dec 29, 2004
Wyandotte, Michigan
HI ALL,

? ?I FOUND THESE DUMPSTER DIVING.? I? RECOVERED THEM FROM BETWEEN THE PAGES OF A BIBLE BEING THROWN OUT.? THE MEDAL ON THE RIGHT IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A DIME. I THINK THE SMALLER MEDAL IS GOLD THERE ARE KNOW MARKINGS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?? I GUESS TREASURE IS TRULY WHERE YOU FIND IT.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?KEN

Attachments

• st. chris front.jpg
    st. chris front.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 920
  • st. chris back.jpg
    st. chris back.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 910
Upvote 0
Re: dumster finds

Some would consider me the king of dumpster diving ;D. I have found all sorts of little treasures.I found some silver rounds that was hidden in a pair of panty hose once(the dumpster was at the local storage buildings.when the folks dont pay their rent on the storage,what dont sell at the auction gets trashed).They where in a box of clothes.4 rounds from some silver mine.But always use CAUTION when hunting.

free2Dtect said:
I use to work with a guy that dumpster dived for extra cash. he collected the recycleables and other useful items he could sell. One day he was doing his route and seen someone in his turf. They were bent over leaning in the dumpster picking his treasures out. He was about to get mad, when they straightened up.? It was a (lady)? and they are still togather today. True story. You never know what you well find.

thats to funny when they get devoiced will they through everthing away

Hi All,

I mentioned finding this in a ealier post on this thread, but I couldn't find my camera. I found it at the same time as the two medals I originally posted. I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• GRASSHOP.JPG
    GRASSHOP.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 528
  • GRASSHOP_TOP.JPG
    GRASSHOP_TOP.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 526

free2Dtect said:
Say doesn't that company make peanut-butter cups?

? no thats Reeses Penut Butter Cups, a part of Hershey

Thanks for the replys. The can says packed for reese finer foods, inc. Chicago. U.S.A.,and product of Japan. I normaly never dumpster dive. You can bet I'll be looking over the edge from now on. Thanks for the interesting links jeffofpa.

We used to dumpster dive all the time! Once, I found 31 mini tower cases with all the guts, key boards, mice and 20 monitors! I got home and surveyed my finds, of those 12 booted up with no help, 6 more were running in an hour with parts from some of the remainder and a few parts I had laying around! In all, I built 19 complete systems and sold them all the next weekend at the flea market for $150.00 each! I made close to $2500.00 profit after about 8 hrs total work! Another time I found a construction dumpster full of potting soil in 50# bags(each had a small tear on the side) and literally tons of azaleas, boxwoods, spider plants and other landscape plants(all were healthy, I don't know why they were tossed!) I re-landscaped my entire yard for nothing! Dumpsters are a great treasure resource! HH omnicognic 8)

I remember Chocolate Covered Grasshoppers around here.

I personally never had the Guts to eat one, But I know some who have.

On Dumpster Diving, around here, when I was a Kid, My dad used to take me
Landfill Hunting.
? ? ? The Land fills were everywhere and open to the public to scrounge in.
Now they have to Refuse entry, and Cover the trash as it's delivered.

? I guess Garbage has changed since then? ;D
? ?Everyones afraid of germs these days.

free2Dtect said:
Not to argue, but if one looks up the food and drug adm. They have strict guidelines that cover the allowable bug parts per million or is it thousands that are ok. But being straight bugs they can not regulate this. Say I seen a good ebay auction while I'm at it I'll try to post it.

Yes free, your on to something. I once loved to eat fried dace "Straight" from China. Until I found something very unsitely. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

i used to do that at the dump as a kid also, my mother always was worried what we'd bring back each time we went ;D , i used to get bikes all the time, they usually only needed a tire or just tube, but the funniest thing was an old fahioned vibrating belt exorcise machine, it ran like a a raped ape, and it was a blast playing with that thing as a kid ?;D

Them grasshoppers probably taste like chicken, just a little more crunchy ;D , sorry i had to say it ::)

Possums great eating! Grab `em by the tail and hold `em up at arms length! If they try to reach up to bite you just give `em a little shake and they drop back down! Once you've had `coon though you'll never go back to possum! mmmmm! mmmmmm! ?;D

used to do the dumpster divin as a kid---loved it--our fav spot was a warehouse for all kinds of companies--including Hersheys---peanut butter cups and all---if anything was wrong they pitched it---we collected it--batteries, household goods, candy, gum, so on and so forth---had to stop when someone else with the same idea got arrested for trespassing----oh well the good ole days of being able to outrun the cops---LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back