dumpster finds

lets_go

Dec 29, 2004
Wyandotte, Michigan
HI ALL,

? ?I FOUND THESE DUMPSTER DIVING.? I? RECOVERED THEM FROM BETWEEN THE PAGES OF A BIBLE BEING THROWN OUT.? THE MEDAL ON THE RIGHT IS ABOUT THE SIZE OF A DIME. I THINK THE SMALLER MEDAL IS GOLD THERE ARE KNOW MARKINGS. WHAT DO YOU THINK?? I GUESS TREASURE IS TRULY WHERE YOU FIND IT.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?KEN

Attachments

• st. chris front.jpg
    st. chris front.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 920
  • st. chris back.jpg
    st. chris back.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 910
Upvote 0
Re: dumster finds

Hey,,, them are some nice finds,,, dumster dive'n, or not.... WTG!!!

Nice finds, I did the dumpster dive thing a few times when I was a kid. We found Computer Memory, Hard Drives, VCR's, Small TV's, Jewelry and more. I lived in a collage town, students trow away everything, you could make a living off the students. I stoped doing that in a week or so, stinks to much and it's too dirty. Have Fun, HH!!

Attachments

• Trash.jpg
    Trash.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 762
  • Trash.jpg
    Trash.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 790

dumpster diving,.....hmmmm,.......now there's one thing I don't think I'll be trying. :)

Rod

I'll occasionally check construction dumpsters, last year i got $350.00 worth of scrap copper out of one and about 100 half sheets of hardwood plywood from another.

did u find any map pepers when u found this things??? question to the founder.

Glad you kept the bible... was it old? Those old bibles are great history books with family information and can be a great asset when researching!

Nice finds and congrats to you!

i think it is gold if is gold should he find some maps or papers on the same place...
i wish to know did he find any maps and where he find this things??

thanks...

I check out those dumpsters all the time. People will throw away anything. How about 113 boxes of 1992 Batman Returns movie cards? That's 36 unopened packs to a box for a total of 4,068 wax packs. Each box sells for about $10-15 each, so do the math. I also found two full newspapers from WWII -- the big headlines, Germany Surrenders, Japan Surrenders. I now have them stored in archival plastic bags. Sports cards, winning lottery tickets, WWII booty, valuable scrap copper, paper currency, coins (usually in discarded purses), golf clubs, autographed sports photos, etc. -- it's all there.

Do I care what people think? Nope. Hell, I'm a "nutty" treasure hunter, and that includes checking dumpsters.

I knew a guy that made a living dumpster diving. He had a regular site at a flea market and would bring in about $350 a week. My ex worked at a Goodwill and DDers would go through theirs and make a mess. They couldnt stop them. They put a lock on it the DDers would set it on fire. Its illegal in PHX. I went out to a farm house to detect yesterday but only found tabs and a hosebib. Im going to my buddies farm today and will post whatever I find.

Thanks all,
It really wasn't that bad the dumster is used by a furniture store, mostly used for cardboard. I didn't find any maps.
I also found an old unopened can of fried grass hoppers. Anybody care for a snack?

lets_go said:
Thanks all,?
It really wasn't that bad the dumster is used by a furniture store, mostly used for cardboard.? I didn't find any maps.
I also found an old unopened can of fried grass hoppers. Anybody care for a snack?

thanks for the reply

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back