Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250

Attachments

• IMG_9035.jpg
    IMG_9035.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 787
Side plate from a man's dress penknife......or a hair clasp, depending on what the other side looks like? Monty

Upvote 0
It is probably paper clip thin, meaning with a little pressure you can fold it in half.
There are no signs of it being attached to anything prior to being lost.

The dime will give you some scale. I'm thinking bookmarker, but I have never seen a metal bookmarker before. I think that it is too small to be worn in the hair. :-\

Attachments

• IMG_9035.jpg
    IMG_9035.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_9037.jpg
    IMG_9037.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 555
Upvote 0
with it being bent in half when you found it... maybe it was a crude, or home made childs ring or some such thing? It look arts & craftsy.

I dunno... :-\

Upvote 0
Yeah it might be an aluminum ring. I've found quite a few that had been stepped on and mashed flat. Good find!!!

Upvote 0
Its a stretch but could this have been a foil wrapper for a cigar or yarn or whatever...and have been straightened out?

Upvote 0
Well, if we don't figure this one out, I still like the Roi-tan Cigar key Fob. Monty

Upvote 0
Monty said:
Well, if we don't figure this one out, I still like the Roi-tan Cigar key Fob. Monty

I didn't mean to double post the pocket watch fob, but it was in the same photo as the bookmarker/ring/hair clip. The Chevy fob is my favorite find so far and my oldest at 68 years.

Upvote 0
maybe its a poor mans paper money clip.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back