Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I went back to an old home site where I found a 1849 Seated Dime and a 1898 Barber Quarter last Fall.
The house was torn down over 60 years ago and all the cut Sandstone from the foundation was hauled away.
The area was Brush Hogged last Summer but the large clumps of grass made for some tough swinging.
Did a very slow two hour grid search of the area - only found one coin - but it's a good one.
1865 - Last year of the of the Civil War - Lincoln's assassination - it really makes you think about history.
I've been lucky enough to find (8) Two Cent coins - almost all of them are in very nice condition.

Good Hunting !

Attachments

• 1865 - Two Cent - 2.JPG
    1865 - Two Cent - 2.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 1865 - Two Cent - 4.JPG
    1865 - Two Cent - 4.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 53
Nice two cent coin. They do seem to hold up well compared to other coppers. That is in very nice shape indeed.

Yesterday I went back to an old home site where I found a 1849 Seated Dime and a 1898 Barber Quarter last Fall.
The house was torn down over 60 years ago and all the cut Sandstone from the foundation was hauled away.
The area was Brush Hogged last Summer but the large clumps of grass made for some tough swinging.
Did a very slow two hour grid search of the area - only found one coin - but it's a good one.
1865 - Last year of the of the Civil War - Lincoln's assassination - it really makes you think about history.
I've been lucky enough to find (8) Two Cent coins - almost all of them are in very nice condition.

Good Hunting !
Nice find!!

Very very nice
Congratulations on your success

Some times I find things that are just a cut above most of our other items Only we know why and some times we don't know but we just feel that way about the items we locate /recover from what had been the long lost category Keep digging There may be more of the same or a new item that will provide the feeling of being special Good job with the pictures. .

Fantastic find, and it's not the usual 1864- Congrats! (I'm happy with any date!)
It seems a little different here Jeff - I've found (6) 1865's one 1867 and one 1872 here in Ohio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back