Dry Creeks, Drought

1wvhunter

Mar 20, 2011
WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extended Drought in area have dried creeks to the point I haven't seen in 30 years.
Drought has prematurely made trees start dropping lots of leaves making walking the creek hard to spot anything worth finding. I did find an Avon jar, I piece of ceramic and a broken tip of an arrowhead. Better than getting nothing.

Attachments

• 20240904_185222.jpg
    20240904_185222.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240904_185200.jpg
    20240904_185200.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Upvote 15
Need a rain to do a wash.
This stretch of weather has been the driest all summer.
The tip is nice.

Extended Drought in area have dried creeks to the point I haven't seen in 30 years.
Drought has prematurely made trees start dropping lots of leaves making walking the creek hard to spot anything worth finding. I did find an Avon jar, I piece of ceramic and a broken tip of an arrowhead. Better than getting nothing.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Might take advantage of the dry creek beds with a little metal detecting if it's in or close to town, or downstream from an old grist mill. I've found a few coins in the past in mine including this 1903-O Barber quarter. Good luck!

Attachments

• 03Obarber obv.jpg
    03Obarber obv.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 03Obarber rev.jpg
    03Obarber rev.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 6
Might take advantage of the dry creek beds with a little metal detecting if it's in or close to town, or downstream from an old grist mill. I've found a few coins in the past in mine including this 1903-O Barber quarter. Good luck!
I have actually found a newer penny in the same creek. I think, only because of side by sides running creek bed. There was a small mill down creek from where we hunt. Nothing above our hunting location would produce anything other than trash. (car rims, metal siding, or fence posts)

cool find

The dry times will pass.

The weather in N Cal has been odd this summer. Sky is now routinely covered by persistent contrails that spread across the entire sky partially blocking the sun via. a thin overcast. No conspiracy theory here as to the cause. Just noting what we have seen this summer. Has to affect weather patterns. If nothing else I know it measurably screws up the effectiveness of solar panels.

Find ways to capitalize on the available sunlight we have before it’s gone. Fall will be here soon,

I would definitely check downstream from the old mill. Found these goodies in such an area.
Will give it a try. The creeks are getting a lot of leaf cover right now which makes it hard to find anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back