Drove 250 miles for one penny

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi everyone,I have not been out mding since dec. and I work different hours now so I had nothing to post lately and hardly any time to read about others finds.I went to visit my brother this weekend and did some mding at his new property upstate N.Y. After about 5 minutes while searching along a ridge,the XLT sounded with a penny/dime signal at 4.5 inchs.So I thouht ok another spent shell or something---well it turned out to be a
1858 Flying Eagle Cent!What a surprise and my oldest find to date!Sorry no pic as I am at work right now hopefully tommorow.HHs

Upvote 0
That's great!
I've driven that far just to find a memorial cent. >:(

Thats a great find Randy. Tsgman

Wow! What a way to start out. Congrats on such a great find! I hope it survived the ground well and can't wait to see the pics. Did you make any other finds while you were there? HH!

WELL worth the drive Randy!

Congrats!! :o

;)

Did you sell it to get the gas money home ;)I was waitng for the S-VDB,Congrat's on your find Randy...Great job and HH!!

Nice find! What kinda condition is she in? Wasn't expecting that.I drove 250 miles for a little clad and a piece of porcelain wall tube(insulator) a couple weeks ago.

wow! you dont see many flying eagles being dug. this is only the second posted on the forum in a year! i cant wait to see the pics!

WTG. Nice piece to start off the year with! Sounds like you need to visit your brother more often. Congrats and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back