Do those proof sets mean theres post 64 silver halves, dimes, quarters, and nickels?

Since 1992 they have been making both silver and copper/nickel clad proof sets. So yes, there are a few 90% silver halves, quarters, and dimes out there that are dated 1992-present.

Since 1992 they have been making both silver and copper/nickel clad proof sets. So yes, there are a few 90% silver halves, quarters, and dimes out there that are dated 1992-present.

Neato. Arkie thanks again, you and so many others have been so nice and such. Thanks again

Also, on the subject of post-64 silver halves/dimes/quarters there are several commemorative ones (and dollars) that you occasionally see.

There are the 40% silver Bicentennial sets (Quarter, dollar, half) in both proof and business strike. They look like a shinier 40%er with a bright white rim, the other day I was lucky enough to have a teller show me a collection dump she got, she kept the 2 40% Ike dollars, the statue of liberty dollar commemorative and several uncirculated/proof clad halves (including some statue of liberty commemoratives) and she sold me 8 silver Roosevelt dimes and the 40% silver Bicentennial quarter because she didn't want them.

So yes, people do (for some reason) decide to crack open proof/commemorative sets and spend them for face value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back