Do people know St. George, UT?

The story goes that when they were filming the John Wayne movie, The Conqueror, that the cast and crew spent enough time in the area that they had an absurdly high cancer rate for a group of that size. The theory is that they were exposed to a lot of radioactivity which killed a lot of the people involved in the movie.

The story goes that when they were filming the John Wayne movie, The Conqueror, that the cast and crew spent enough time in the area that they had an absurdly high cancer rate for a group of that size. The theory is that they were exposed to a lot of radioactivity which killed a lot of the people involved in the movie.
There was a book published awhile back that was called "The Day We Bombed Utah".

I am finally making that trip in late April to see and consider moving to St. George. Does anyone know of historical areas or live down that way by chance? I am into ancient site with hieroglyphs and such.
Strawberry lake had fantastic trout fishing. Grab your detector and head to Mammoth for relics & bottles. Utah lake has a foundation from the old old dance hall. Spanish Fork tons of places to detect & some of the sweetest nicest juiciest corn I ever tasted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back