Do I see CSA carved on this piece of lead?

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Saturday=+=+ 007.JPG
    Saturday=+=+ 007.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 943
  • Saturday=+=+ 004.JPG
    Saturday=+=+ 004.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 956
I definitely see something other than some random discoloration or formation. Take a look at these versions of your photo that I goofed around with on PhotoShop.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Pcola

Upvote 0
nova treasure said:
Nova, What was the history of the area that you found it? Did it have anything carved, or printed on it?...........Clayton

Hello Clayton,this was found at a 1868 homesite that had alot of popularity for many years.I don't really know what to think about it,other than mine looks kind of like a dog and i found some awesome stuff in the yard other than this,so i just hung on to it for a conversation piece. I haven't found any markings on it,but i am bad at not cleaning my relics much either.

Nova Treasure
[/quote]

This was not intentional...it's like seeing shapes in the clouds...total fluke. Now if it showed signs of being carved that would be different but it doesn't. Melted slag...

Upvote 0
PcolaBoy said:
I definitely see something other than some random discoloration or formation. Take a look at these versions of your photo that I goofed around with on PhotoShop.

Pcola

That makes it show up better. PocolaBoy. I know it's not all random. I was just not going to argue the point with it.
Thanks for making it clearer. I will have to give PhotoShop a try.

Clayton

Upvote 0
romeo-1 said:
nova treasure said:
Nova, What was the history of the area that you found it? Did it have anything carved, or printed on it?...........Clayton

Hello Clayton,this was found at a 1868 homesite that had alot of popularity for many years.I don't really know what to think about it,other than mine looks kind of like a dog and i found some awesome stuff in the yard other than this,so i just hung on to it for a conversation piece. I haven't found any markings on it,but i am bad at not cleaning my relics much either.

Nova Treasure

This was not intentional...it's like seeing shapes in the clouds...total fluke. Now if it showed signs of being carved that would be different but it doesn't. Melted slag...
[/quote]

Nova, Makes no difference if it's melted slag, or hand carved. It's an interesting piece. And, a keeper.

Clayton

Upvote 0
Mystery Solved

At first I thought I saw Elvis in there but after looking further I think I figured it out.....
Mystery Solved.JPG

Just kidding guys. I do see some lines that appear to be markings but I would have to say no to the CSA.
Like others have said, camp lead is a good find, but it is like looking at clouds.

Upvote 0
Well, I've been told I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I DID catch on to my ABC's, (FINALLY!! 2 months ago!! LOL!!), and I saw the CSA mentioned when I first saw the object. Cut or carved, I haven't a clue. Matrixing? Maybe. Still, a very, very cool item, to find, and post, if for nothing else, it causes me to use my noggin! Great hunting and good luck!! Regards, Richard.

Upvote 0
Re: Mystery Solved

dcooper1 said:
At first I though I saw Elvis in there but after looking further I think I figured it out.....

Just kidding guys. I do see some lines that appear to be markings but I would have to say no to the CSA.
Like others have said, camp lead is a good find, but it is like looking at clouds.

lol, Been a long day. That gave me a laugh.
Like the man said "Why so serious"

Clayton

Upvote 0
I tell you whut, ding dang bullet all melted got my face in there wheeoooo!
That was a hoot coop!
Nice one!
I too do see some letters, but my eyes start going all buggy!
DG

Upvote 0
I do see what appears to be CSA marked on this item. Whether this is coincidental or random markings I think is up to endless debate......... ;D

Rick

Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
I do see what appears to be CSA marked on this item. Whether this is coincidental or random markings I think is up to endless debate......... ;D

Rick

Rick, I agree, CSA is there " Whether this is coincidental or random markings I think is up to endless debate. "
There is some other letters that are printed on it. Whether this peace of lead served some other purpose before
it was melted, and had the printing on it for that purpose I just don't know.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back