Dmans Turn To Dig A Carved Bullet At U.S. CW Site Today!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman's Turn To Dig A Carved Bullet At U.S. CW Site Today!!

Dman and I both had things to do today but managed to get in a 3 hour morning hunt at a U.S. camp. He had the find of the day with the .69 cal. 3 ringer carved into a game piece.
My best find was the iron frag from a 12# cannonball. It read in the 20s on my F75 display. When I got it from the hole, I thought it was just a square nut and thought it read pretty high for a square nut. After I saw the hole was missing and it had a radius on it, I knew what it was. I showed it to Doug and he immediately recognized it as a shell frag as well. Our friend Larry Hicklen of Middle Tennessee Civil War Relics in Murfreesboro said the thickness was correct for a spherical 12# ball that would have been filled with powder. That is the only artillery relic we have recovered there to date.
It was a beautiful Tennessee late autumn day with sun and 60 degrees. It was fun to hunt with “The most interesting relic hunter in the world’ today. No banners-just fun. HH from Doug & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0803.JPG
    DSCN0803.JPG
    551.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN0804.JPG
    DSCN0804.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 9
thats awesome Quindy! nice hunt guys!

Thanks Dave!! Finding a GW button up there is like digging a CS buckle in the south. Six GWs are beyond belief. WTG & Happy Thanksgiving, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back