Dmans Turn To Dig A Carved Bullet At U.S. CW Site Today!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman's Turn To Dig A Carved Bullet At U.S. CW Site Today!!

Dman and I both had things to do today but managed to get in a 3 hour morning hunt at a U.S. camp. He had the find of the day with the .69 cal. 3 ringer carved into a game piece.
My best find was the iron frag from a 12# cannonball. It read in the 20s on my F75 display. When I got it from the hole, I thought it was just a square nut and thought it read pretty high for a square nut. After I saw the hole was missing and it had a radius on it, I knew what it was. I showed it to Doug and he immediately recognized it as a shell frag as well. Our friend Larry Hicklen of Middle Tennessee Civil War Relics in Murfreesboro said the thickness was correct for a spherical 12# ball that would have been filled with powder. That is the only artillery relic we have recovered there to date.
It was a beautiful Tennessee late autumn day with sun and 60 degrees. It was fun to hunt with “The most interesting relic hunter in the world’ today. No banners-just fun. HH from Doug & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0803.JPG
    DSCN0803.JPG
    551.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN0804.JPG
    DSCN0804.JPG
    424.3 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 9
Way to go guys. :hello2: Congrats to Dman on that great carver bullet.
I'm seeing a 3-ringer and a flat button too. Those aren't chopped liver either.
You guys are torturing me by posting these CW relics. :tongue3:
-MM-
P.S. What happened to that Josh character you used to detect with? :dontknow: Probably got tired of digging those eagle buttons and buying your lunch. :laughing7:

Way to go 'Duo'! :thumbsup: Those carved bullets seem to be jumping out of the ground for y'all. Congrats on the frag!

:)
Breezie

Nice job on that carved lead!Nice to see that Tennessee relics are still coming out of the ground.

Nice finds Q! And, by the way, I really enjoyed your recent article in NSCWT - good job.

Way to go guys. :hello2: Congrats to Dman on that great carver bullet.
I'm seeing a 3-ringer and a flat button too. Those aren't chopped liver either.
You guys are torturing me by posting these CW relics. :tongue3:
-MM-
P.S. What happened to that Josh character you used to detect with? :dontknow: Probably got tired of digging those eagle buttons and buying your lunch. :laughing7:

Thanks MM. We are trying to dig up all the relics in Tennessee before you get here-LOL. We hunted with Josh at a CSA camp yesterday in fact but it's a lot out of his way to hunt with us very long now since he's already worked all night. After taking 2 of his daughters to the doctor yesterday, he couldn't have slept over 3 or 4 hours. HH, Q.

I really like your finds for such a short hunt. I've never seen any artillery relics from that area so that's a first. DMan dug a nice carved bullet and, by the way, don't you collect carved bullets??? HINT,HINT,HINT. Maybe we can get out one day soon. I look forward to it.

That was a fun little hunt. I think I will keep the carved bullet for my collection. Thank you very much.
D

Nice carved bullet! Who needs sleep when you can detect! Lol. HH!

Awesome finds! I really like that carved lead! Great job you two :icon_thumright:

Well Quindy, I tried (like you told me to) but Doug is going to keep that carved bullet. :laughing7:

Love the carved lead. That's a nice piece there. Way to go, DMan!

Gotta love those carved bullets. More personalfied. We dig a few shell frags here in east Tennessee. Congrats on your short hunt finds.

Always a good day , nice weather , CW relics , carved bullet is a terrific relic recovery for Tenn 3 - 1 , that elusive CSA buckle is out there somewhere..... doggonnit ,

I just know it :dontknow: :read2: HH dawg

Nice score on the carved bullet DMAN and nice recover of the artillery frag Quindy !

Thanks for looking and taking time to reply:
Breezie
CoilyGirl
Richard (Old Stonewall) & glad you enjoyed the article in NSTCW.
Donnie (tenn. digger)-Doug knows how hard these carved are to dig-LOl.
Steve in PA -How's the wrist rehab going?
MSBB-you are so right
Dave-I owe you a pm.
Thrillahunt-We were lucky but the one I dug recently was the first since this time last year & 347 relics ago. Dman's was about the same # of relics.
Matt
Randy (treasurehound)
& the mighty Dawg

Well done Dman with the nice carved bullet! Hope Quindy doesn't let you go runnin barefoot through his sites like you do to mine.

-Buck

Well done Dman with the nice carved bullet! Hope Quindy doesn't let you go runnin barefoot through his sites like you do to mine.

-Buck

BB, he's certainly not a "Bigfoot" type but prefers to wear "Pool Room Slippers" instead. If you see those prints, he left them-LOL. BTW-he's still telling that joke. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back