yo6oej

Aug 23, 2008
Toplita , Romania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a hill in an oak forest, next to an old road, I discovered some iron tools. It is about 3 sickles of different sizes and an instrument consisting of 5 claws arranged according to the anatomy of the hand, including the position of the "thumb" in relation to the palm, extended with a rod. At the opposite end it's widened with a small bent point, and it’s seen that there was an iron circle holding something, probably a wooden handle. The third scythe, appeared after the identification of the first pieces, positioned under them, being later recovered. It seems to be a meat fork, from the Iron Age, and together with the sickles, they are all of Dacian origin, archaeologists say, from the 1st century BC. - 1st century AD. Just a few meters away, in the circumference, at different points, 6 different types of iron arrows appeared. I don't know if they have the same context as the tools, which are about 17 meters from the old road, which was used in various historical periods. At a considerable distance, also from that road, there appeared twisted arrowheads, medieval spurs with a wheel, a knife handle, a fork, iron fire starters. Pins 1 and 5 of the claw fork were basically "glued" just for the picture, they are actually separated due to corrosion over time. The objects were photographed on the ruler as well as after recovery, the pictures being edited to dimensions in millimeters. So long my friends !
:hello:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 20
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a hill in an oak forest, next to an old road, I discovered some iron tools. It is about 3 sickles of different sizes and an instrument consisting of 5 claws arranged according to the anatomy of the hand, including the position of the "thumb" in relation to the palm, extended with a rod. At the opposite end it's widened with a small bent point, and it’s seen that there was an iron circle holding something, probably a wooden handle. The third scythe, appeared after the identification of the first pieces, positioned under them, being later recovered. It seems to be a meat fork, from the Iron Age, and together with the sickles, they are all of Dacian origin, archaeologists say, from the 1st century BC. - 1st century AD. Just a few meters away, in the circumference, at different points, 6 different types of iron arrows appeared. I don't know if they have the same context as the tools, which are about 17 meters from the old road, which was used in various historical periods. At a considerable distance, also from that road, there appeared twisted arrowheads, medieval spurs with a wheel, a knife handle, a fork, iron fire starters. Pins 1 and 5 of the claw fork were basically "glued" just for the picture, they are actually separated due to corrosion over time. The objects were photographed on the ruler as well as after recovery, the pictures being edited to dimensions in millimeters. So long my friends !
:hello:
Nice!!!! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread