Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I started detecting a county fair grounds that dates back to the mid 1800s. My very first signal was the 1918 merc that came out of the ground a blackish Grey, At first I thought it was clad.. A couple of hours went by and I managed to find the lead token, 1920 merc, 47 Rosie, 1880 & 1898 IHP. We decided to leave to hit a park a couple towns away that we have been wanting to search for awhile. On the walk back to the van I got a sweet dime signal at about 6 inches dug down and got the 1903 barber. So we head over to the park start searching and within an hour I get a loud dime signal so I look at the depth on my machine and it says its deep so figuring it was a decent size piece of copper. I cut a deep plug stick the pinpointer in the hole and nothing so I take a scoop out stick the pinpointer back in the hole it was so deep the pinpointer was completely in the ground and it gave a strong signal so I took out a little more dirt and there it was an 1892 o barber dime. The ground was very soft but Im still amazed the E-trac sounded of so loud on a dime about 10 inches down. I also found an 1864 IHP before it was time to go. Thanks for looking and HH

Attachments

• Picture 354.jpg
    Picture 354.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Picture 355.jpg
    Picture 355.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 341
  • Picture 356.jpg
    Picture 356.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 345
  • Picture 357.jpg
    Picture 357.jpg