Did I get something good?

NickD92

Greenie
Jul 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. So I don't know too much about collectibles, but I know if you see something old, and it's cheap/free, GRAB IT.

I decided to take a deep walk into the woods. And I mean DEEP.

I ended up finding a tree ladder that connected to what looked like to be a marijuana grow operation and I decided to bring the ladder with me as the site appeared abandoned anyway.

I went into the woods deeper, almost to a state where humans haven't walked or been near. Things were really left alone, you could tell.

At this point i'm walking, and I hear a crunch. I look down, and there are TONS of glass bottles, and supplies. It looks like someone's car crashed and a bunch of things were left over, like how could a bunch of house supplies be found in the middle of the woods?! Lol.

Here's what I got:
Glass Clorox Bottle - Believe from the 40's-60's.
2 White Hall Glass Bottles - 1 small, 1 large
Esquire White Scuff-Kote Glass Bottle
Bayer Asprin Glass Pill Bottle

I'll post better pics once I clean them. Any tips on cleaning? Did I make any money? Ideas on where to sell? I put it on Craigslist but i'm skeptical. bottles.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to t-net! :hello: If the deep woods are public land & legal to remove stuff from, you'd be wise to dig a few feet DEEPER into the dump where you found the mid-century glass because older glass bottles or other older relics may be underneath! :icon_sunny: Years ago, when I owned old farm house & some acreage in upstate New York, I found an old dump in the woods near one of the stone walls, dug down under the more recent junk and found several wonderful old bottles that I've kept. Only wish I'd had a metal detector during those years! Andi

Basically any bottle that has a screw thread has little or no value as the bottle is just not that old.

I guess I'm missing something why does a grow site need a ladder?[/ ] tall plants? Lmao

Oops on last post...u get the idea...dam phone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back