Did I get something good?

NickD92

Greenie
Jul 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. So I don't know too much about collectibles, but I know if you see something old, and it's cheap/free, GRAB IT.

I decided to take a deep walk into the woods. And I mean DEEP.

I ended up finding a tree ladder that connected to what looked like to be a marijuana grow operation and I decided to bring the ladder with me as the site appeared abandoned anyway.

I went into the woods deeper, almost to a state where humans haven't walked or been near. Things were really left alone, you could tell.

At this point i'm walking, and I hear a crunch. I look down, and there are TONS of glass bottles, and supplies. It looks like someone's car crashed and a bunch of things were left over, like how could a bunch of house supplies be found in the middle of the woods?! Lol.

Here's what I got:
Glass Clorox Bottle - Believe from the 40's-60's.
2 White Hall Glass Bottles - 1 small, 1 large
Esquire White Scuff-Kote Glass Bottle
Bayer Asprin Glass Pill Bottle

I'll post better pics once I clean them. Any tips on cleaning? Did I make any money? Ideas on where to sell? I put it on Craigslist but i'm skeptical. bottles.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have no idea.. But you're in the right place to ask this question there are some very knowledgeable people on here when it comes to old bottles.. Hope you find the answer you looking for and welome to Tnet.

Get yourself a metal detector and start hitting that site! Might be more good finds! If that pot grow is still active you may wanna avoid that path back in! They could be looking for their ladder!

sounds like you found a farm dump, and the ladder was probably part of a treestand, careful, hunters don't take to well to people messing with there stands...

I'm all for treasure hunting, but stealing a mans ladder?

sounds like you found a farm dump, and the ladder was probably part of a treestand, careful, hunters don't take to well to people messing with there stands...

That's a good guess bro. Because there's a horse farm about 3-10 miles from these woods. You guys are cool!
The largest bottle is the clorox one by the way

As for the unmarked/unlabeled bottles;

One of the glass bottles still has its top. It's a black screw on top, and around the sides of the bottles, it appears to have images of a sun, with the beams/rays of the sun shooting out in straight lines. I counted a total of 7 suns on the smaller bottle. On the bottom, the text reads "DES PAT" and then right below that it has centered engraved text of "La Choy" (I believe, it could also be "La Chay" , perhaps a spanish liquor or hot sauce)?

The second un marked glass bottle is a little trickier to describe. It's just as small as the first described one (if not a little smaller) and is amber in color. It has no engravement on the sides or front, but it does appear to have a sticker label that was worn off. The bottom of the bottle is engraved and reads "Corma ..." something. It's almost like the engraving is faded.

I'm all for treasure hunting, but stealing a mans ladder?

Hey man like I said, I felt guilty, but the thing had cobwebs on it, no sign of human life, and there were no plants growing at the time. It was in the middle of the woods too, lol. I had the mindset to hunt and to find, so I did.

I think you should do a little more thinking about your life...and maybe not skip work to do so...:BangHead:

"Bro," I hope it doesn't take you too many more minutes to figure out that what you did was steal (and likely trespass); hence your guilt. You're going to have to clean up your act if you want any respect or recognition for what we do here. Imagine yourself in the future with a big plot of land and someone takes your stuff...even stuff with cobwebs on it. This site is full of hunting ethics, how to get permission, etc. I suggest you read up on these topics before you do anymore hunting...to avoid being shot or tried as an ADULT, which at 20 years-old you're supposed to be by now. Even if the ladder was on public land, I'm sure there was no sign on it that said, "abandoned, meh, take it if you want it." Good luck young man.

"Bro," I hope it doesn't take you too many more minutes to figure out that what you did was steal (and likely trespass); hence your guilt. You're going to have to clean up your act if you want any respect or recognition for what we do here. Imagine yourself in the future with a big plot of land and someone takes your stuff...even stuff with cobwebs on it. This site is full of hunting ethics, how to get permission, etc. I suggest you read up on these topics before you do anymore hunting...to avoid being shot or tried as an ADULT, which at 20 years-old you're supposed to be by now. Even if the ladder was on public land, I'm sure there was no sign on it that said, "abandoned, meh, take it if you want it." Good luck young man.

The land you speak of was indeed on public property. I have above average intelligence and integrity to know when to definitely NOT do something, and when something is acceptable. There was no hunting ground, it was in the middle of the woods. And I am going to assume these people were using it in the past for an illegal activity anyway. I am not here to debate, and please leave your personal opinions aside. I am sorry if I offended you in some way. But I am here to identify my treasure, that is all. Good luck to you too bro. ;)

Last edited:
ya left the pot, but took the ladder????

what is wrong with kids nowadays?

I never once mentioned there was marijuana, I said it was a grow site. I know what they look like, and it had everything you needed, and it was right in the middle of the woods, exactly where I expected it to be.

I'll be investing in a metal detector real soon. Can't wait to get out there again, i've learned a lot already!

Did I make any money? Ideas on where to sell?

Hey Nick,

Sorry to tell you, but you've found mid 20th Century trash. There is not a collector "market" for the bottles that you found. Now, were they another 50-75 years older, you might have a couple bucks.

09_0812_003-CloroxGirls2.jpg

Hey Nick,

Sorry to tell you, but you've found mid 20th Century trash. There is not a collector "market" for the bottles that you found. Now, were they another 50-75 years older, you might have a couple bucks.

View attachment 836472

yet if you left the ladder, and came back in two months...well....more than a couple of bucks...8-)

I sell more 1950s beer cans than 1950s bottles...cleaning them is a bit more tricky (I use oxalic acid...even totally brown ones sometimes turn up looking ok)..

Basically any bottle that has a screw thread has little or no value as the bottle is just not that old.

I guess I'm missing something why does a grow site need a ladder?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back